The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poor Handling Caused By Cheap Tyres

wilko

I Have Recently Put New Wheels On The Car They Came With El Cheapo Fullrun Tyres, The Wheels Are The Correct Offset And Are 8.5 And 9.5 Inch Wide With 235/40/18 And 265/35/18 Tyres.

Handling Was Ok In Dry And Shocking In The Wet. Had Caster/camber Toe Adjusted To Specs From This Site And Now Even Dry Hanling Is Not Good, In The Wet I Might As Well Have 4 Blocks Of Ice Rather Than Tyres.

Someone Please Tell Me It Is The Cheap Tyres That Is The Problem

They certainly won't be helping. Cheap tyres are a silly thing to have on a car like the Supra, it's the one thing that keeps your pride and joy on the road, possibly the most important part of the car, buy the best you can afford, if you can only afford ditch-finders it's time to think about buying a Fiesta.

And turn caps lock off please :)

Guest Nicholas
They certainly won't be helping. Cheap tyres are a silly thing to have on a car like the Supra, it's the one thing that keeps your pride and joy on the road, possibly the most important part of the car, buy the best you can afford, if you can only afford ditch-finders it's time to think about buying a Fiesta.

This is so true, if you can stretch to them get some Toyo Proxy T1-R's they're great in the dry and wet but around £160-£180 each

do not use full run,there are crap!!!!

you will be all over the place and yeah it is the tyres causing that,iv got them on while the council pay me my claim as i needed replacements and they would only cover £500 straight away untill they decide on the outcome but there crap

Guest NINJYA

I have Toyos on mine also - they are excellent - been out in the rain over the weekend and not once did the car slide - although sometimes its fun when it does!!;)

This is so true, if you can stretch to them get some Toyo Proxy T1-R's they're great in the dry and wet but around £160-£180 each

Very good tyres, I had them on the rear of mine (255/40/17), cost me £100 a corner 2 years ago, just been quoted £106 a corner, so I'm getting myself some more... Excelent traction, I beat an M3 (E40 I believe), and a new shape 330ci off the line, with their traction control on... And they've stood up to my abusive driving style :D

i hope ive done the right thing, local garage managed to get me a set of bridgestone potenza 050's 245/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rears for 500 quid fitted, balanced etc. read some reviews and these are supposed to be better than toyo.

is anyone else running these and are they as good as they say your views please

Totally agree. Power is nothing with out control!! :(

For tyres, best bet to speak to Ibrar (Tyre Logic) He's a reputable trader on this Forum, and can prob do u a good price on a set.

i hope ive done the right thing, local garage managed to get me a set of bridgestone potenza 050's 245/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rears for 500 quid fitted, balanced etc. read some reviews and these are supposed to be better than toyo.

is anyone else running these and are they as good as they say your views please

you mean RE050 's ?

fantastic tyre ! great handling in wet and dry:)

You chose wisely my son!:p