The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This is nice and cheap if someone wants to import it

Guest Geneb

Why not?

well say I had found a direct supplier of products that I knew full well other traders used, I dont think they would be happy that people then would be buying direct from that supplier rather than the trader who have worked hard over years to find a realible source.

I could name a load of companies to buy cars from in japan which I know a lot of traders use but it would be totally out of order for me to post these for everyone to see as it's going to mess with their business and they lose all their hard work into it as everyone would then know.

which works out at 8500 landed and ready to go if nothing needs changing/replacing for an mot, and I don't think importers on here would be happy that you've put this link up???

i dont think they will be too bothered, its one of many sites that offer cars that are at other dealers and auctions in japan, all they do is add their chunk of money on top and try to sell other peoples cars ;)

plus its harder than people think importing cars, ive just imported 3 cars and 2 of them came in damaged by the port staff etc so its not plain sailing, the importer has to do alot more than you think before he can sell you a car :)

well say I had found a direct supplier of products that I knew full well other traders used, I dont think they would be happy that people then would be buying direct from that supplier than the trader who have worked hard over years to find a realible source.

I could name a load of companies to buy cars from in japan which I know a lot of traders use but it would be totally out of order for me to post these for everyone to see as it's going to mess with their business and they lose all their hard work into it as everyone would then know.

That's choice between not messing with traders bussiness and this forum being for club members, not traders ;)

which works out at 8500 landed and ready to go if nothing needs changing/replacing for an mot, and I don't think importers on here would be happy that you've put this link up???

And there was me thinking this was a forum for the benefit of the members not the traders :innocent: :D

well say I had found a direct supplier of products that I knew full well other traders used, I dont think they would be happy that people then would be buying direct from that supplier rather than the trader who have worked hard over years to find a realible source.

I hear what you are saying but do you feel the same if members post up details of different sites in Japan and the USA that are selling car parts cheaper? Are you letting your judgement get a little clouded after working at an importers?

I was the original poster of the Steve Manley details and didnt hear any disention then.

Guest Geneb

just showing people what can be imported from abroad and at what cost, i hope i have not broken any forum rules by posting this.

i dont think its overly cheap, i worked it out at about £8700 and thats if it passes the mot and doesnt need anything (if your lucky LOL)

but allowing for say new tyres which is anothe £300 so its a £9k car with 85000 miles on the clock!!

I hear what you are saying but do you feel the same if members post up details of different sites in Japan and the USA that are selling car parts cheaper? Are you letting your judgement get a little clouded after working at an importers?

I was the original poster of the Steve Manley details and didnt hear any disention then.

In that case traders would then have to match the price which is where it gets competitive but with the Steve Manley thing he still wasn't a direct source, so say you were to find out how much he bought the products in for originally and where you could buy direct from that means he would he would then be out of the picture.

I don't believe my judgment is clouded but suppliers keep things close to their chest so they can run a business otherwise everyone would be doing it.

This is my favourite SO far!

1997 Facelift 900BHP single with 20,000 miles on the clock (and £15k before export). That would do me;)

I'm going to have fun with this link

http://www.tradecarview.com/stock/detail.aspx?sid=568128

yeh its very nice indeed :)

looking at around £20k if not slightly more landed on that puppy then your looking at mapping etc but its certainly nice

Mike

Guest Geneb

at the end of the day you can buy direct and take your chance or buy from a trader and let them take the risk as long as its not a personal import, luckily you are not forced to buy cars from the forums traders on here.