The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent Help

suprafan72

Feels like my clutch cable has gone but im not too sure it is... ieverytime i depress the clutch it stalls the car.. and cant get it into gear... allso the fuel pressure gauge has stopped working.. i was getting a high pitched noise... but thats now gone.. could this be a vaccum problem somewhere?

Feels like my clutch cable has gone but im not too sure it is... ieverytime i depress the clutch it stalls the car.. and cant get it into gear... allso the fuel pressure gauge has stopped working.. i was getting a high pitched noise... but thats now gone.. could this be a vaccum problem somewhere?

hi andy,

sounds like you might need that clutch afterall, does envy still have that clutch for you we ordered ?? on the rx7 this sort of thing happens when the slave cylinder is worn but am not sure on the supras..i think it must be your clutch.

how did it happen mate so its easier to diagnose??

the fuel pressure gague might have been knocked off when your ice has been installed its quite an easy job to fit back on... but now you have all the race logic controlletc be carefull when disconnecting your dash panels as you have mega amounts of wiring due to dash relocation

You don't have a cable on the supra so not that. Have you got clutch fluid in the car?? Fuel pressure gauge could be a problem. Where abouts is the vaccum hose plumbed into?? Is your pump still going??

Yes the car idles and is fine... call my a dumbo where is the resovoir for the clutch fluid... im reading no fuel pressure but the car revs fine etc.... could this be a hose that split and blown off?

hi andy,

sounds like you might need that clutch afterall, does envy still have that clutch for you we ordered ?? on the rx7 this sort of thing happens when the slave cylinder is worn but am not sure on the supras..i think it must be your clutch.

the fuel pressure gague might have been knocked off when your ice has been installed its quite an easy job to fit back on... but now you have all the race logic controlletc be carefull when disconnecting your dash panels as you have mega amounts of wiring due to dash relocation

They sold it mate....

hi andy,

its when i just started it up... and there is was a very high piutch squealing noise... and no fuel pressure reading...

its when i just started it up... and there is was a very high piutch squealing noise... and no fuel pressure reading...

the gauge has probs just worked loose if its not working if it was working and reading low then there would be a problem.

the squealing noise is this when you depress the clutch ?? if it does sounds like the clutch is fryed or something gave way..but has this happen from overnigth or after few WOT runs, as if its happen overnight like it was fine last night and then this morning on start up its playing up it might be something loose... i need more detail to diagnose

the gauge has probs just worked loose if its not working if it was working and reading low then there would be a problem.

the squealing noise is this when you depress the clutch ?? if it does sounds like the clutch is fryed or something gave way..but has this happen from overnigth or after few WOT runs, as if its happen overnight like it was fine last night and then this morning on start up its playing up it might be something loose... i need more detail to diagnose

It was an overnight thing.. i=it squeels when its in neutral and when you press the clutch in the engine wants to cut out and stall umless u give it allot of rpm..