The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks cams

gaz1

only because i am ignorant of what they do, and benefits that different types can give you:(

Gaz, HKS and Brian Crower are makes of camshaft. Brian Crower being half the price of the HKS ones.

The 'numbers' 256 and 264 refer to the duration on the cams.

Think of it as the higher the number the longer the valves are open for, and also with pretty much all aftermarket cams they open further too. Too large a duration means the car will drive like a dog! 256 or 264 is pretty good for the road, 272 and 280 for the strip :p

There is also something called overlap, which indicates how long the inlet and exhaust valves are both open for. Not too clued up on that myself though bud :D

Gaz, HKS and Brian Crower are makes of camshaft. Brian Crower being half the price of the HKS ones.

The 'numbers' 256 and 264 refer to the duration on the cams.

Think of it as the higher the number the longer the valves are open for, and also with pretty much all aftermarket cams they open further too. Too large a duration means the car will drive like a dog! 256 or 264 is pretty good for the road, 272 and 280 for the strip :p

There is also something called overlap, which indicates how long the inlet and exhaust valves are both open for. Not too clued up on that myself though bud :D

cheers for the info mate, have not ordered them yet have sent emails out , might try to order them from mvp now;)

what exactly did you order?

Quantity: 1 *New Product* - Brian Crower Camshaft for 1993-98 Supra TT - 264, 272, or 280//Intake/264 - $274.56 Each

Ref No: BC BC0301/2/3-I/E Quantity: 1 *New Product* - Brian Crower Camshaft for 1993-98 Supra TT - 264, 272, or 280//Exhaust/264 - $274.56 Each