The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a Turbo conversion anyone got one??

Andrew_sup

sup guys on a bit of a misson at the moment considering selling my supra for a TT but with current n/a prices dropping its ethier going to be skyline or a turbo conversion on the n/a supra! now im looking for a few people who have converted a n/a to a T and how much they paid and what parts are needed cause i'll do it DIY if im going to do it or if there are any sellers on here that can get a COMPLETE kit thats every thing then let me know ;)

Guest Geneb
she has done 100k mind geneb

ah!! but tbh thats not a lot of miles on these cars...

at the end of the day its down to looks and your car looks really smart..

sup guys on a bit of a misson at the moment considering selling my supra for a TT but with current n/a prices dropping its ethier going to be skyline or a turbo conversion on the n/a supra! now im looking for a few people who have converted a n/a to a T and how much they paid and what parts are needed cause i'll do it DIY if im going to do it or if there are any sellers on here that can get a COMPLETE kit thats every thing then let me know ;)

If you want to do it properly, it will always be cheaper to sell and buy a TT.

It's not just a case of bolting on a turbo kit, there are a lot of ancillary parts that need to be considered to do the job properly. eg:

Fuel injectors

Fuel pump

Fuel pressure regulator

Fuel rail and lines (optional)

ECU + mapping

Thicker head gasket or ideally pistons to reduce compression ratio.

Clutch

Gearbox upgrade

Brakes (if you have the smaller setup)

LSD (if non factory fitted)

Gauges; boost, egt, AFR, etc.

Plugs

Guest DaviE-K

what are the main differences between thw two engines? i am aware that the fuel system is differen, but arent the two engines essentially identical? only other things i can think being different are compression ratio possibly, and the fact one has a turbo and the other doesnt? (duh, lol) also the obvious stuff like ecu/mapping. was there a different gearbox + clutch fitted to the TT's?

forgive my stupid questions lol :search:

dave

If you want to do it properly, it will always be cheaper to sell and buy a TT.

It's not just a case of bolting on a turbo kit, there are a lot of ancillary parts that need to be considered to do the job properly. eg:

Fuel injectors

Fuel pump

Fuel pressure regulator

Fuel rail and lines (optional)

ECU + mapping

Thicker head gasket or ideally pistons to reduce compression ratio.

Clutch

Gearbox upgrade

Brakes (if you have the smaller setup)

LSD (if non factory fitted)

Gauges; boost, egt, AFR, etc.

Plugs

PHR stage 1 offers you everything except maybe clutch, brakes and gauges (Boost gauge is NOT needed). Bear in mind it is NA-T conversion - 300/350 bhp so I belive stock clutch will handle it. He do not have to change headgasket if he will run to up to 0.7 bar, but yes - it is good to put thicker one. As for a car value... with this price dropping rate i do not think difference will be really huge heh...

Have a look at this site, its specific for what you are thinking of:

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/

If you only want a TT then you'd probably be better selling up and going that road. But if you would want to convert the twin to get a single turbo anyway, you may be better off with an NA-T. Have a think about how much bhp you ultimately want. The boostlogic kits can give you up to about 380 or 400 bhp I believe? With the TT you could start with around 300+ anyway.

I want to go the single turbo route too, but have a good luck at the clubna-t forum. good luck with whatever you decide to do;)

L