The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manual na or tt auto???

msearle

ive had three n/a autos,and just sold my last one.really fancy a manual,as i find the auto a bit uninvolving.theres a fair few na manuals around,but have noticed how cheap the tt autos are.£4500-£5500.£5500 being my top budget.ive always wanted the tt,but think i would get bored of the auto box.or do i go for a na manual and feel like im driving again??? the answer would be a manual tt,but they really hold there price.£8000-£10000.anybody had the same dilema??! help!!:innocent:

Take a TT auto for a test drive, and i'm sure you wont be too dissapointed. Read the threads in the FAQ section also explaining how the auto box works, you can if you want hold it in certain gears and shift down for engine braking like a manual.

And the acceleration is completely linear, as there's no jolt forward as you change gear. Nail it from a standstill and you're stuck in the back of your seat until you lift off, whatever the speed.

Like SupraLoopy said, best of both :cool:

Difficult one.................

If you go manual NA I'd try and get a late 6 speed one, they have a LSD and sometimes bigger uk spec brakes etc. They are around for your £5500 budget. (£5600 ish on the trader Silver,6 speed and uk wheels - so probably brakes)

They will be 2-3 years newer than any TT you could pickup and will be less likely IMO to have issues during your period of ownership.

Saying that someone who has had 3 auto's to now does not strike me as that staunch a manual person! I'd definitely try and see/drive a few auto TT's..........not all £5000-5500 ones will be good ones but they won't all be dogs/liabilities........

• 1 month later...

Yeah i too would say go for a n/a. or just wait a little longer and save an extra grand and get a tt auto

Difficult one.................

If you go manual NA I'd try and get a late 6 speed one, they have a LSD and sometimes bigger uk spec brakes etc. They are around for your £5500 budget. (£5600 ish on the trader Silver,6 speed and uk wheels - so probably brakes)

sz-r's have lsd's no matter what the age. and my mates 93 sz has an lsd

Sorry for the thread hi-jack :innocent: but have prices on the auto TT suddenly plummeted or something? I’m getting a bit worried reading you can pick them up for 5-5.5k I paid 10k for mine only 9months ago and have spent a good 3k on aftermarket parts (BPU, styling, shiny bits, etc) and would be gutted if its only worth a kick in the balls off 6k :( please tell me that this sort of money is for a beaten dog and not a good example :(

Sorry for the thread hi-jack :innocent: but have prices on the auto TT suddenly plummeted or something? I’m getting a bit worried reading you can pick them up for 5-5.5k I paid 10k for mine only 9months ago and have spent a good 3k on aftermarket parts (BPU, styling, shiny bits, etc) and would be gutted if its only worth a kick in the balls off 6k :( please tell me that this sort of money is for a beaten dog and not a good example :(

erm........... Don't want to make you feel bad but I picked up my auto TT (very low mileage, pretty much spotless) for £6100 about 10 months ago. ...