The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everybody

Guest webber.sc

Guest webber.sc

Hello, Im Steve Webber.

I live in West Meath, Ireland., but im originaly from Mid Glam, S. Wales.

I bought an Aristo 30V about 7 weeks ago.I have joined the Club Aristo. Because the engine is the same as a Supra iv'e registered with you as well.

I've been having problems with No1 Turbo Oil seals leaking.

I recently bought two second hand Turbo's, but after I had collected them, I was travelling back to Hollyhead when the engine woudnt go past 4000rpm, just crept upto 5500. Tried it a few times, no joy.

Seen a mechanic over here, he thinks No2 has jammed. I also got a little vibration rattle about 2000 rpm, and when im driving a noise like a police car siren. Plenty of power up to 4000 rpm.

I only have accesss to the internet at work, (at the moment). I work Shifts, Nights untill Wednesday, I might have a go stripping the car Thursday. (Not decided yet).

Buy for now

Steve

Guest webber.sc

Thanks for the hellos.

I listened to the noise today, I think its external from of the turbo's. i put a screw driver on the castings, could'nt here the noise. Meeting another Aristo owner Wednesday, may start stripping on Thursday, also I asked for back up from my regular machanic if I get stuck with something.

I noticed the Blade, I got a 96 Bandit, had her 9 years. I used to use back and fore to Wales, not registered or taxed, or insured at the moment. I use it occationally to go to town and back.

I was in Oxford last Tuesday, visiting my relitives.

Other places i visited was Coventry, for my cousin being made lord mayor seromony. Burnly for my girlfriends sons Birthday, Milton Keynes, Turbo fit, to pick up the second hand Turbo's I had bought,

and S Wales. I Travelled up the A470, (when i noticed the lack of power), to N.Wales. The sucurity Gaurd would'nt let me go into tesco's powllelli for a P***, due to it nearly closing. Then back on the boat to Dublin.

Guest webber.sc

Found the problem, the Exhaust valve wasn't opening, the actator retaining circlip had fallen out.

Back on full power again. also, its early days yet, but I think no1 turbo seals arn't leaking into then air inlet sytem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest webber.sc

Still loosing a little bit of oil, not as much as I used too, and still got a noise like an American police car under the bonet, will start to prepare the second hand turbo's ready to fit.

I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest webber.sc
Welcome to the club Steve :thumbs:

Glad you got the turbo problem sorted, actuator on second turbo is quite a common one. Where is the sound under the bonnet coming from?

Any :Pics:

Not sure. Only happens when the car is using a bit of torque, (It could be normal. just me being paronoid).

Im going to the JAE, I'll be on the Aristo Club stand. will be there all w.end.

I'll be staying in U.K. for the Bulldog Bash, Then back to Ireland.

I'll make a start on the defective turbo then.

• 3 months later...
Guest webber.sc

Hi again.

I went to the JAE, I was the nearest Aristo to your Area. You looked like you had a whale of a time. Was going to come over but I was too shy, instead I sheltered from the rain showers in my tent.

Update on the Turbo's, I stayed in Uk for 3 weeks, when I came back to Ireland, I developed a Virus. I managed to change the Duff turbo last Monday. Could'nt use the new No1, Air impeller fins were damaged. So I made the new No2, a No1 and fitted it.

I did a bit of a mod at the JAE, I'm diverting the air coming out of the BOV, into a container as there is oil comming out of it as well, and also I made a Knock up induction kit.

After changing the Turbo, I still have oil coming out of that divert pipe into the container. Its early days yet, perhaps its oil still in the intercooler, or worse No2 is leaking oil as well.

Buy for now

Steve

Guest webber.sc

I haven't looked under the bonnet the last couple of days. Had to go into Hospital yesterday for the camera down the throat.

Working tonight so i'll check on the oil leak when I arrive there at 7.00. The police siren sound as gone, just hoping No2 turbo seals havent gone.

Is yours all fixed up.

Guest webber.sc

Going well. Just hoping that No2 turbo seals have'nt gone.

What BHP is yours producing.

Have to go to work tonight, I'll catch you later.

EDIT>>>I couldnt find the post above when I went back looking, so I posted

this quickly as I was running late

Guest webber.sc

Been told tonight that my intercooler has probbably got a few litres of oil in it, so I have to drain it and use something to rince the oil out. Im nights all W/end, so will tackle it 1st chance I get.

Guest webber.sc

Hi Dyre, I used to live in LLantrisant, I was brought up in Treharris.

But I now live in Mullingar, Co west Meath, Ireland.

I still come over about 4 times a year to see familly.

I cant come over this side of Xmas, used up all my Holls.

Where you based.