The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best FCON Pro Mapper in the uk

suprafan72

Im taking my car to TDI north this week... But i wanted to know if there is anyone better... Im just a little cautious as ive heard some bad story's about dodgy mappers recently... What on Optimax would be a good for a built engine pressure wize on a t51r with of course all the right supporting mods??

Im taking my car to TDI north this week... But i wanted to know if there is anyone better... Im just a little cautious as ive heard some bad story's about dodgy mappers recently... What on Optimax would be a good for a built engine pressure wize on a t51r with of course all the right supporting mods??

1.4-1.6 Bar IIRC

- i suggest you look at others rather than TDI North!! feel free to pm me about why i say this!

I used Owen Developments - they are very knowledgable and are a very friendly bunch! - Speak to Mark if you want to chat with them

As mentioned Dan is highly rated as well..

Hope that helps as i said drop me a pm or catch me on MSN if you want to know any more about OWEN DEV' or TDI NORTH

I used Owen Developments - they are very knowledgable and are a very friendly bunch! - Speak to Mark if you want to chat with them

As mentioned Dan is highly rated as well..

Does Dan have access to the HKS power writer softwear?

I used tdi north, good set of lads but inexperienced and couldnt do it in the end, if i was to stick to the fcon i would have gone to abbey as there about the best t mapping fcons, also owen development which is a little closer to you.

on another note, when i costed up traveling/mapping of the fcon it wasnt much more to ditch/sell the fcon and buy the aem ecu!! so i did that ;)

Given the choices out there, I am surprised anyone would go for the HKS system as there are very few authorised tuners in the UK.

If it were me, I would be looking for a set up that is numerically and geographically well covered and easily upgraded.

:yeahthat: Binned mine for an AEM, an expensive option but lack of 'HKS authorised tuners' that password protect their work helped me to decide.

I thought about that too, and I agree about the password, it's restrictive,

I'm pretty heavily integrated int othe HKS hardware, it's a tough call to go back to the drawingboard. Look at the HKS list one mine;

HKS 264 ex Cam

HKS DLi Ignition Amplifier

HKS Knock Monitor

HKS Map Sensor

HKS Ignition Timing Adjuster

HKS Valcon Cam Controller

HKS Valcon Inlet Cam

HKS Fcon Vpro

the last 6 are all interconnected, and if you read HKS's literature and listen to Terry S who had it all installed and tested it's self adjusting and continually mapping itself.. you can swap turbo's and no mapping needed.. the thing remaps itself to the target AFR's continuously..

I'm doing as much resarch into the HKS system as possible at the mo, as to be honest I don't trust the HKS industry to give me advice that may not be profit making, if you know what I mean...

edit.. in answer to the original thread title - who is the best Vpro mapper in the UK - the answer should be "the ecu itself" IF the product works as described... once set up never need to change.. within reason..

Might be worth chatting to Owen Developments, I've used them before and they're quite helpful. They will be able to tell you what other ecus will work with that lot if anything. Cams, DLi and MAP sensor wont be a problem, but not sure about the cam controllers.

Its not a massive job what needs changed to be honest.. the car runs very well... its just the light to part throttle table that need leaning out as the afr's are indicating between 11.7 to 12.6 on light to partial load... little bit rich to me... so thats really it.. WOT is absoloutly superb... no lean spots

through out the range at all

When I was looking in the Vpro I was told that maps were not shared between tuners (password protected as mentioned above) so would assume that a map tweak would only be possible by the map author unless you are lucky enough that the map is open.

Good luck bud

Given the choices out there, I am surprised anyone would go for the HKS system as there are very few authorised tuners in the UK.

If it were me, I would be looking for a set up that is numerically and geographically well covered and easily upgraded.

Listen to the "soon to be Kos resident", he speaks the truth!! :)

I think my car speaks for itself. I'm very happy with the v-pro and GT Art. 01273 675775

Theyv'e been very good to me and have people from all over europe getting their pride and joy tuned there.

He's got a mustang dyno on site with the latest software.

Gary gets my vote for one ofthe top v-pro tuners.

You can get+- 3degree adjustments for timing with the navigator possibly more and a/f adustments too if you want

When I was looking in the Vpro I was told that maps were not shared between tuners (password protected as mentioned above) so would assume that a map tweak would only be possible by the map author unless you are lucky enough that the map is open.

Good luck bud

TDI North used to use other peoples fcon maps and attempt to adjust to the car

TDI North used to use other peoples fcon maps and attempt to adjust to the car

Really, I was going to have Ben Phillips (obiwan - usa) sort one for me as he is mean't to be mustard but the final fall through was that he would not supply me his password to allow future map tweaks as mods continued, couldn't possibly afford to keep sending to him or have him over - perhaps this is why TDI have been knocked a bit in this thread....

Still, I went for AEM and happy ;)

Really, I was going to have Ben Phillips (obiwan - usa) sort one for me as he is mean't to be mustard but the final fall through was that he would not supply me his password to allow future map tweaks as mods continued, couldn't possibly afford to keep sending to him or have him over - perhaps this is why TDI have been knocked a bit in this thread....

Same problem I could have in the future... my map was done by Reg in Canada; I also have the receipt for his work.. it's not a small bill.

and have people from all over europe getting their pride and joy tuned there.

Theres a reason for that, there are no hks authorised tuners in europe. Well maybe one in france or something. The ones in the UK will strap you over a barrel and hump you rigid and also lock the map so it can't be touched. Funny old thing the fcon that was in my car is in the bin along with the stock ecu and a proper solution (AEM) put in its place.