The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a bhp

liam1

Guest gazbrook

220 bhp approx. A decent decat exhaust and induction kit should see gains of upto 15bhp. Weight saving is prob the most cost effective way of increasing speed.

Otherwise Nos or a turbo conversion (that's what i'm saving for)

220bhp was/is the factory figure, when they came out of the factory they were 220bhp, now thhey are 13 or 14 year old cars and you are more likely to see 190bhp +/-.

I had mine with a new bottom end, RSR and 2nd decat and managed to get 220bhp. But mods wise that is all about you can do apart from a Nic Xerd type header

Guest Phillw454

220 brand new, itl be around 200bhp now and around 210lbs of torque. You will get not alot of bhp gain, think the best on here is around 250bhp an thats with some serious work.

I not long sold my NA and it was fast and fun but you can get alot faster. I also bought nos for it:d ........but never fitted lol.

Just leave it how it is, get a nice exhuast then just listen to the great noise and watch how easy it is to drift in the wet:)

Guest Geneb
Just a general reminder here, that 'n/a' and 'bhp' are not expressions totally happy to coexist in the same sentence:innocent: :p

Tut Tut John have you ever chased BELLY in his red N/A?

i aint the only one who cant believe how quick his car is ask Mr Lover.. or Supra61

Harsh, but fair.

Tough love as they say.:p

N/A 'tuning' has been a running joke for a long time, people hoping they'll get so much from the filtering 'system', plus that much from the exhaust tip, plus that bit from other expensive part swaps ----> and end up with the performance of a stock TT.

Well, guess again buster:eyebrows: :D

There is always the argument that if you want a fast road car with a bit of track use you can upgrade brakes and suspension. This enables you to corner better making the car "faster." Personally I just want faster 0-60 times so that trail of thought is wasted on me, well for the time being.

220bhp was/is the factory figure, when they came out of the factory they were 220bhp, now thhey are 13 or 14 year old cars and you are more likely to see 190bhp +/-.

I had mine with a new bottom end, RSR and 2nd decat and managed to get 220bhp. But mods wise that is all about you can do apart from a Nic Xerd type header

Ive got an L reg and it was running 216 a few weeks back.

John in your lazy auto slumber, does your mind not drift and dream of the odd heel and toe shift? or the opportunity to give the engine a few blips of the throttle at a junction before pulling out with some sideways action?

Every time go for a quick run up to the limiter (165 on the clocks) I thank the autobox for taking care of the gearchanges - that aren't that many thankfully.

Yes, I wish it were manual on standing-starts, I feel I could gain a full second, but hey... (I totally avoid winding up the autobox, don't want to overheat it)

But the more powerful the car, the more you appreciate the long gearing of the auto, you avoid parking in hedges. And in heavy traffic it's bliss. It's twists and roundabouts, this auto vs manual debate - especially in the case of the supra.