The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what a prat.....

supra-lover

for the last week my car has been running a bit sluggish... today while mark was round (supragold) sorting my amp & sub my daddy decided too check the oil & too his shock and disgust there was nothing at all in there:( have i done damage??? must have.... quickly got on the dog & bone to dave, he called me a c##t and sorted me out with oil (CHEERS MATEY) filled her up & now she is running 1000 times better, that will teach me to check the oil every week. ps thanks mark for sorting my amp & sub it's sounding great top man:)

Pillock! *grin*

all the lights on the dash are working?? o well it won't happen again, certainly faster now there is oil in it

Lights are on, but no-one is home??, just kidding...

Sounds very much like your telltales aren't working properly, when you turn to ignition you should get the red/yellow lights on the right hand side of the dash, if not, sounds like the solder joints are dry. Do a search...

You say-"nothing in there at all",if that means just below the dipstick level,then probably no damage done,if it means lower than that,then sadly loads of damage done,most of which wont be noticed for a few thousand miles:(

Lucky to catch the problem before anything serious happened. Personally I would have it checked out to ensure nothing is damaged.

Simple check, drain the existing oil and check for metal particles (with a magnet?) in the oil.

Hope nobody remembers this thread when you come to sell your car ;)

why don't an oil light come on then??

Don't know about the supra, but my Audi warning light only comes on when it's really low.

I think it's suprising what you can get away with sometimes. I got to Pod once in the Audi and found the oil cooler had fractured, mixing coolant into the oil. I drive home (70 mls) with custard as lubricant, half expected it to seize up but it didn't. Been fine since :)

doh! Did the complete oposite on my old MR2 it was making a weird noise and funny smell (I soon found out thats what a clutch smelt like after some fun). Checked the oil and it didnt look like anything was in there (it was full but just had a full engine rebuild and so the oil was still clear) so topped it up and around 3 miles later developed a massive black smoke screen!

Well in short we have all probly done stupid things fingures crossed it will all be ok chap.