The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt and n/a prices

Dave

why is there a massive price gap between the tt and the n/a

a really nice slightly modded tt will fetch 11000k yet a mint n/a with body kit and some mods low miles and sh will only fetch 3-6000k if that . thats a approx 7k difference .as far i im concerned the only difference is the turbos otherwise its the same car and for 4.5k you can have a single turbo fitted na/t. any one got any thoughts on this matter

just did a serch on autotrader for cars between 3k-4k what a load of crap i wouldnt buy one of them for 2k i think the n/a supe should be a bit nearer the tt price .im thinking of putting mine for sale and im gonna ask 6500 ono and see what happens there aint none round where i live so well see :)

just did a serch on autotrader for cars between 3k-4k what a load of crap i wouldnt buy one of them for 2k i think the n/a supe should be a bit nearer the tt price .im thinking of putting mine for sale and im gonna ask 6500 ono and see what happens there aint none round where i live so well see :)

is that just to test the market or to sell up dave?

is that just to test the market or to sell up dave?

just looked on autotrader and theres plenty of n/a supes for 6k +

i was thinking about selling but not for 3.5k rather keep it.and put a turbo on it .

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=13&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=3000&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=30000&miles=1500&agerange=0&mileage=&postcode=mk6+1hq&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=59&ukcarsearch_full.y=15

sixth one down its still an n/a

just looked on autotrader and theres plenty of n/a supes for 6k +

i was thinking about selling but not for 3.5k rather keep it.and put a turbo on it .

that would be my chosen route aswell especially with the way yours is looking now dave

It's not just the turbo's - plenty of other uprated / different bits to cope with that power and the extra speed. Gearbox / autobox and diffs are prime examples...

That's what many el cheapo N/A-T folks seem to forget.

Cheers,

Brian.

The extra money is due to all the 'extra's' you get with the TT. Better axle, gearbox, ECU for Turbo engine, low compression engine, etc, etc. If you have an NA, chances are you won;t have these 'extra's' - and they cost s LOT to upgrade to.

Sure, you can spend £4.5k which if you're lucky will get you to the same as a stock or slightly modded TT. To get to the next stage (BPU/small single) means a massive expensense over that from a TT.

Plus it's simple supply and demand ;)

IMO going from NA to TT is much like dumping your girlfriend for a fitter one or one with bigger tits. It's not as straight forward as it sounds if you've become emotionally attached.. If you don't like the bitch then getting rid is easy & you can swap for a better one but if like me, you are attached, then you might have to go for the breast implant option (NA-T). Implants are never going to be as good as the real deal (But still lots of fun!).. Then I suppose there are the people who aren't into big tits & just go for stunning looks...

I'll shut up now :D

why is there a massive price gap between the tt and the n/a

a really nice slightly modded tt will fetch 11000k yet a mint n/a with body kit and some mods low miles and sh will only fetch 5-6000k if that . thats a 7k difference .as far i im concerned the only difference is the turbos otherwise its the same car and for 4.5k you can have a single turbo fitted na/t. any one got any thoughts on this matter

Where did you go to school 5+7=12, 6+7=13

The extra money is due to all the 'extra's' you get with the TT. Better axle, gearbox, ECU for Turbo engine, low compression engine, etc, etc. If you have an NA, chances are you won;t have these 'extra's' - and they cost s LOT to upgrade to.

Sure, you can spend £4.5k which if you're lucky will get you to the same as a stock or slightly modded TT. To get to the next stage (BPU/small single) means a massive expensense over that from a TT.

Plus it's simple supply and demand ;)

thats true enough homer .but for 3.5k you cant buy a car anywhere near the looks -quality of the n/a supe i even saw a 94 mx5 for 3.9k

:rlol: well put

IMO going from NA to TT is much like dumping your girlfriend for a fitter one or one with bigger tits. It's not as straight forward as it sounds if you've become emotionally attached.. If you don't like the bitch then getting rid is easy & you can swap for a better one but if like me, you are attached, then you might have to go for the breast implant option (NA-T). Implants are never going to be as good as the real deal (But still lots of fun!).. Then I suppose there are the people who aren't into big tits & just go for stunning looks...

Hehe:D

thats true enough homer .but for 3.5k you cant buy a car anywhere near the looks -quality of the n/a supe i even saw a 94 mx5 for 3.9k

That wasn;t what I meant mate, I think the NA is an increible bit of kit for the prices they are these days. What I'm saying is the £4.5k you need to spend on top of the purchase price will only get you to the same level as a slightly modded TT, to go further costs a considerable amount more than buying a TT in the first place.

The only time I think NA-T should be considered is if you have a real attachement to your car, or have spent a long time/lot of money on it already (e.g Edd's car).

Dr Doom - :D