The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J Spec ECU Part Number Please

mwilkinson

Yeah mine is a facelift, how strange though. I wonder if the car started life as an NA? But everything looks normal, the stock boost gauge on the dash is there, so not too likely IMO.

Plus an NA ECU wouldnt have a line in for the MAP and I wouldnt get fuel cut. I'm not going to worry about it :)

There are a few combos going on in the EPC

89961-14501 this is a substitution of the 89961-14500 no posted above, it specifies 6 speed but doesn't say twin turbo (TWT) although the date means it must be for a TT as it is 93-05 to 93-10.

Cheekymonkey the number you quoted is fine for your facelift Supra. :)

Guest PedroM
PedroM,

This is positive news. Is that J spec or Uk and facelift or older?

Sorry for all the questions but it ain't going anywhere near my car until I am happy its the right one.

Cheers

Pre-facelift J-Spec TT : 89661-14501

Pre-facelift European TT: 89661-14671

Facelift J-Spec TT: 89661-14830

I can't find any Facelift European Version...

Sorry......:(

OK guys thats great. That means I currently have a UK and J-spec pre facelift ECUs.

Sorry for confusing the whole GT,GE thing (thanks again Jake). Everyone who was having a heart attack can now relax.

I wont need it now but am interested to see if the european will work on a J-spec??

I wont need it now but am interested to see if the european will work on a J-spec??

No, it won't. The pinouts have quite a few differences between the two ECU (plus one has Map, one MAF, one 440cc's, the other 550s, etc)

• 1 year later...