The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiring harness location

cheekymonkey

Right guys, last question of the day I promise...

Once it's stopped raining outside am going to re-fit my ECU with it's new wiring harness. As you can see from the pic there's quite a lot to the harness, now, where should I put things?

Do you fold the wires over the top of the ECU, or have it laying flat on top of the Trac ECU?

Plan B of course is to get rid of the Trac ECU completely but don't want to do that before I get an RLTC fitted.

PICT0025.JPG

Arggggghhhhh right this is annoying me now! I just can't get the kick panel to sit right against everything that's underneath.

Can you clarify whether you meant the harness connecter should sit on top of the trac ecu, or the main ecu with the wires folded over?

There was no way I could get the fields harness fitted nicely with the TRAC ecu in place - at least not if I wanted to use the kick panel.

I never, ever used traction control, so just unplugged and removed it (saves having to hit the Trac Control button every time I started the car :D )

Now I did have a EMB wired in (which bulks it out a lot), but it was still a bit of a fiddle to get the harness to sit in correctly since the loom plug doesn't have much play. In the end I hacksawed a chunk out of the centre of the kick panel so that nothing was "cutting" into the harness. It worked nicely in the end.

On a side note: Darryll, i know it's too late but the wires from the EMB will stretch to under the passenger seat you know :D

:D

Thats exactly what I did, using the (removed) stock amp wire channel in the floor pan. I still had a bulk of wires near the ECU though... never really got around to tidying it!

Hey guys. Yeah plan B may come into action - ripping out the Trac. In fact it's already disconnected and was about to try starting the car when my friends popped over.

It would also save the acute embarassment of trying to race someone at the lights after forgetting to press that damn button! Not that I do that or anything :D