The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My gt4088 has arrived. A few questions

Jake

My GT4088 has just turned up.

On both wheels one of the blades has been marked with what looks like green paint. Do I have to clean that off before fitting/using the turbo?

Also there's not a vaccuum take off hole on the compressor housing. Does the vac take off for the wastegate need to come from the compressor housing or will be OK to take a vac reference from somewhere else? (any suggestions?)

Thanks

Every turbo I've seen has a blade marked, I've never heard of anyone removing he paint from it (I certainly didn't!).

The others with 4088's have drilled and tapped the compressor housing to fit a vacuum take off, I'm not sure if it can be done somewhere else (like in the pipe to the IC), I imagine you'd want it as close to the compressor as possible though.

Sorry, not much help really!

Spoke to Kyle and mine is ment to be here today aswell, no sign yet, maybe the driver is on his way from yours now

Have you checked the tracking on-line? Mine just said "before 6pm"

Hey Jamie. What's happening to your old knackered turbo? It's surely not worth rebuilding cos it would cost more than a new one. The reason I'm asking is cos I could do with a spare compressor cover so I can send mine away for polishing. Could you sell or lend me one?

ps

Kyle must think we're all under-nourished here in the 3rd world. Either that or he's sent me a kid's t-shirt as a freebie.

Have you checked the tracking on-line? Mine just said "before 6pm"

Hey Jamie. What's happening to your old knackered turbo? It's surely not worth rebuilding cos it would cost more than a new one. The reason I'm asking is cos I could do with a spare compressor cover so I can send mine away for polishing. Could you sell or lend me one?

Il check tracking number now. EDIT dam looks like i deleted tracking number.

Yea i can sort that for ya, want me to get my man to polish it for ya and send it over? you give me your one in exhange.... ill check what he charges but thnk it was about a £100.

£100? I want it polished not gold plated!

:D

Seriously though, I can get it done locally for less than that. Happy to send you my one in return though if you want it (once it's back for the polisher of course)

£100? I want it polished not gold plated!

:D

Seriously though, I can get it done locally for less than that. Happy to send you my one in return though if you want it (once it's back for the polisher of course)

Ha ok mate, pm me ya addey and ill send it over, just send me yours back when ya get the polished one on;)

Well I've got the turbo on but oil line fitting on the new turbo is different so can't start her up. How disappointing.

I need a male to male adapter but God knows what thread size they are. The female on the turbo is smaller than the one on the oil feed line too so I'll need a step down one. Just need to figure out what size.

Don't suppose any of you know?

• 2 weeks later...

ps

Kyle must think we're all under-nourished here in the 3rd world. Either that or he's sent me a kid's t-shirt as a freebie.

bahahaha i finally get on here to find my name in search LOL!!

I'll send yall some XL shirts if you need them, let me know! My apologies on that haha!

Seriously, shoot me a PM. Glad to see yall got the units though.

bahahaha i finally get on here to find my name in search LOL!!

I'll send yall some XL shirts if you need them, let me know! My apologies on that haha!

Seriously, shoot me a PM. Glad to see yall got the units though.

Hi Kyle,

I didn't realise you had made it over here. The new turbo is great - thanks! :thumbs:

I'd love one of your VP shirts in XL if you don't mind. I can't get in the other one - well I can but the skin tight look doesn't go well with my beer belly. :)

Thanks mate.

ps

Thanks Kev O too. Let me know how much for postage buddy.