The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polybushes, burnouts etc

dibbleyuk

Hey peps,

Lately ive been messing about in the supra over my uncles yard donuts, burnouts etc thing is its seems to (as my mate put it) Wheel tramp quite abit.

When its getting going it seems as if the rear end is quite violently bowncing/jumping, i dont want to hurt it and was told the best thing is to get the rear polybushed.

Is that correct if so where can i get them and how much is it likely to cost.

Can anyone also explain what is happening here as i dont know much about it.

Hey peps,

Lately ive been messing about in the supra over my uncles yard donuts, burnouts etc thing is its seems to (as my mate put it) Wheel tramp quite abit.

When its getting going it seems as if the rear end is quite violently bowncing/jumping, i dont want to hurt it and was told the best thing is to get the rear polybushed.

Is that correct if so where can i get them and how much is it likely to cost.

Can anyone also explain what is happening here as i dont know much about it.

Demon tweaks sell these as I was looking at them this morning in their brochure, they are £145 front and £146 rear if remember right !

I am sure a trader on here will come alomg and top this though !

How much is it for a full set of new OEM bushes?

I'm sure you can't get them seperate, you have the buy the entire arm. The thing is, if you bushes are worn, so with the ball joints in the arm, so just replacing the buches is a bit of a half job. I'd go for new arms from Toyota, if you fit them yourself it'll more than likely work out cheaper than using poly bushes anyway (plus you'll have better ride comfort).

I'm sure you can't get them seperate, you have the buy the entire arm. The thing is, if you bushes are worn, so with the ball joints in the arm, so just replacing the buches is a bit of a half job. I'd go for new arms from Toyota, if you fit them yourself it'll more than likely work out cheaper than using poly bushes anyway (plus you'll have better ride comfort).

Alright how much for them then? :D

Alright how much for them then? :D

Ian C mentioned £950 here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1426991&postcount=84

If I've understood it correclty from Ian thats for every last bit, including new bolts, etc.

I was quoted around £500 labour to change all bushes, so works out around £800 total for polys. But then you still have the old arms, ball joints, bolts, camber pins, etc

Guest mk47

right bastard those bushes. I just had a quote from toyota aswell and homer is pretty mcuh right they come close to a grand.

Guest mk47
Toyota UK? Even Steve manley charges £1700 for the full kit - those prices were from Nic ;)

It was from toyota in coventry. they quoted me for control arms, and a few other bits i cant remember. maybe not the full kit then, bloody useless. i ordered uk spec brake pins and they sent me out caliper bolts for jspec!

There are a lot of parts that make up the front and rear suspension and as Homer said Toyota only sell the complete arms, they do not supply replacement bushes.

Just changing the bushes, you will see some benefit, but as Homer says you will still have worn ball joints. The ball joints are an integral part of the arms and cannot be replaced separately.

I replaced all the suspension components on the front and rear of mine a few years ago, not a cheap job, but the best money I have ever spent on my car, it absolutely transformed the ride and handling.

I've attached the EPC images and some pics of the suspension components for reference.

Front Suspension  EPC.jpg

Front Sus Photo.jpg

Rear Suspension EPC.jpg

Rear Sus Photo.jpg

I had poly bushes fitted last year for the front and rear control arms, they are too harsh for me, also after fitting them i found the handling to be worse as it higlighted weaknesses in other areas of the suspension, buy the arms and diff bushes, it will be cheaper (assuming you plan on keeping the car for a while)

Wheel hop is still present as well !

By the way are those mine in the picture Nic (fingers crossed)

• 7 months later...