The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Beautiful weather

Golddigga

Right so the last 2 days have been beautiful.....

I have had that last 2 days off........

Should have been the ideal time to be out driving the Soop......

But where was it? In the garage having the rocker cover gaskets replaced, new iridium plugs and a full oil change ;)

Nevermind......

2 days to change that .. hope it was your garage and not your local :blink:

If you mean did I do the work myself not a chance :p

I am not mechanically minded at all I thought a blow off valve was something you could buy at an Ann Summers party :D

If you mean did I do the work myself not a chance :p

Yikes, how much did they charge you to do that work? I reckon I could change all of those bits on my NA in 3 hours tops. I did all of those jobs except the oil change last Saturday and alsthough it took me from 10.00am till about 3.30pm that did included a couple of breaks and a fair bit of puzzling of where to mount the HID ballasts. I had the air box, air flow pipes, throttle body and next chamber off in approx 20 mins.

Fitting of the spark plugs took a while due to having to clean loads of crap out of the chambers where they sit and also spent some time trying to clean the rocker covers up but gave up in the end.

Oil change should take a garage about 30 mins at the most!

I am not mechanically minded at all I thought a blow off valve was something you could buy at an Ann Summers party :D

:D you should have a good look around here at the technical section, all the guides are there for all the jobs you've listed.

Yea loverly weather, ive got 2 weeks off work and no supra, might go fishing tomorrow as not been in a few years.

Hi hun

Well, i'd get your fishing in by close of play saturday as the rest of the weekend is looking shite m8:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838

Looks like I'll be in for a drenching at the superbikes, at least it will make the action more lively!! :D

Lx

Well, i'd get your fishing in by close of play saturday as the rest of the weekend is looking shite m8

You know that view that the weather is always worse at the weekend?

Well a recent study has shown that, in fact, it's not just pessimism - the weather IS actually worse at weekends than during the week. The theory is something to do with the effect of traffic and industry during the week being released at the weekends:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2224202.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery

I got all the parts from Steve Manley ;) Mechanic only charged £70, which I didn't think was too excessive!

Got my parts from Steve as well, £70 is pretty good for 2 days work, normally that's about 1 hours charge for a mechanic! You'll probably find it only took him an hour to change all the bits and then went out for a drive for the rest of the time :D

As for the BOV and Ann Summers - That was a joke, I think :blink:

Don't worry, I guessed it was, that's what the :D was for at the start of my next line :D

You know that view that the weather is always worse at the weekend?

Well a recent study has shown that, in fact, it's not just pessimism - the weather IS actually worse at weekends than during the week. The theory is something to do with the effect of traffic and industry during the week being released at the weekends:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2224202.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery

That is actually suprisingly logical and I'd even agree with that to a degree...

That'll piss everyone in Norfolk off then! only goin to Cromer ( about an hour away from me ) :D

Well as long as you keep it away from Hampshire, I really don't care where you take the crap weather :D

Have a good one :)

:yeahthat:

Well as long as you keep it away from Hampshire, I really don't care where you take the crap weather :D

Have a good one :)

Got some mates down this weekend so hoping for some good weather to go for a spin round the New Forest or something, when we're not down the pub of course :)