The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finnished making my new exhaust system

johnd-mkiv

I had a hks dragger system fitted origional but the insides fell apart about 4 months ago, so I gutted it and just ran it straight through minus the wodding inside> It sounded lovely but I was still not happy with it being as most of the pipe work is mild steel.

My car went in today for the single conversion I thought it best the car mapped with the new exhaust fitted so I spent the last two nights fabbing a complete system from the 1st cat back. I have used 3" 316 stainless steel (food grade quality) the whole way through. The hks back bos was a bit to bashed up for my liking so I desisde to keep the tailpipe bit and make a complete nnew body + internals as the singles are renoun for being loud I though it best to start with it silenced and go from there.

I cut the end can off dressed out all the dents and managed to round it up best I could, then gave it a good polish. I then made the body of the silencer the internal perferated baffel tube and the end plate. Once I had all the bits I tig welded the lot together wadding the silencer with rockwall.

I had to modify the second decat I made to allow me to have a straighter exhaust with fewer bends and kinks like the origional pipework, once this was done I made the rest of the pipe work to meet the silencer, this was all then tig welded up. I have made the exhaust hanhers from 12mm stainless bar then welded some dome nuts to prevent the rubber mount slipping off.

All in all really pleased with the exhaust its a bit quieter than before but hopefully when the single is on it will have a more throaty note :eyebrows: The ground clearance is a lot better too. The whole system took me 9 hours to make with a cost of £0 :D

Dont suppose you are interested in doing some tig welding for me ;)

We are after a TIG welder if you know any going spare CHEAP...

I've had a play with TIG and the quality you get out of TIG is SOOO much better than MIG, plus there is that alusive ali welding (and yes I know MIG can do it, ever tried...)

Some REALLY REALLY smart welding there chap.

Cheers for your comments will be looking into working for myself one day cant keep linning other peoples pockets, I might be interested in making a few bits up soon will have a word with the mods first though.

I would have done the single install myself but with the money thats been thrown at the engine I cant afford for anything to go wrong