The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much?

Macer

I know there's been loads of these sort of threads before, but I'm trying to estimate how much my Supra would be worth if I was to sell it...

It's a 1998 VVTi twin turbo with 93K miles. Brief summary of mods is as follows:

18" BBS LMs

Tein Flex coilovers

HKS Silent Hipower exhaust

Chris Wilson decat with 1.1 bar restrictor ring

HKS FCD

It has a superb sound system consisting of Alpine head unit, DLS amp and Diamond Audio speakers (originally cost £2500). Also Clifford Concept 600 alarm.

Pic attached...

What do you reckon?

My Car.jpg

I really don't know! I keep trying to decide on a figure based on what else is for sale, but of course everyone's got different mods, mileages etc... Plus there's not many VVTi's around and I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

I guess I have a figure in mind, but I wanted to know other peoples opinions. It's all down to what someone will pay anyhow!

Michael do you reply to every thread??

Have a look, I think you'll find the answer is no.

In this case I simply wondered if the potential seller had a price in mind himself.

Looks like a nice example, surely worth a stab at £11k and see what happens?

Coming up with a price for a car is very difficult, finding that myself. If you have a good car, like you do, you cant really just base it on what others are priced at in the trader. Just need to find someone where your car ticks all the boxes for them, if you can also hold out you will get what you want for it.

ive just paid £12000 for mine and its a 96 tt manual in the same colour as yours with similar mods with 53k on the clock. I would say yours is easly worth that or even more especially being a vvti and it really is a stunning looking car. Even with the mileage its not that high really for a supra and it definatly wouldnt of put me off. There will be people who will see the car for what its worth and pay atleast £12000 for it. But anyway i think your mad for even thinking of selling such a good looking car!

IMHO the mileage would put me off a bit but I would still be lookin for 12k if I was selling it as you can see from this thread the mileage isn't a problem for most, lets face it they will probably spend loads on a rebuild in the future if it's needed.