The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pin Dents - Easy way to get rid of them?

Sheefa

Only got about 3-4 on the rear panel and doors.

They're about 2 pence piece in size and wondered if there was a way to remove these easily? I saw that CO2/ Heating thread, but won't be trying that! I've seen Dent Pulling things at Halfords, but are they really any good?

I don't want to pay a stupid sum to get a dent man to sort it but might ask Liam (Lovatt) if he can as off to his Sat to have my spats fitted anyway.

Advice please guys. :)

Thanks,

Greg

Well mine has just gone into gvn in chiswick for some minor repairs and he is gonna use dent master to sort the one on the rear panel as otherwise its a complete respray of that panel, which would be expensive. Not sure how much he will charge but I'll have it back in a week or so, could let ya know if ya wanna wait a bit?

By "pin dents" I'm thinking you're talking about fairly sharp smallish dents. These are not easy to do yourself. Dent pullers only really work for larger dents that are not too deep or sharp in my experience. Provided the paint is not broken the dent repair men are normally pretty good (chipsaway etc). I reckon you'd be looking at less than £100 for 3-4 dents. Seeing as you're selling I guess its a tricky question as to whether you bother having it done or not.

I've got 3 dents in my passenger door (small, sharp, almost look like bullet holes) of which 2 have broken the paint. I'm sourcing a new door - if I had them repaired I'd probably have to have the whole side of the car re-sprayed (silver 199 is notoriously difficult to make a good match with). :(

That only cost me £40 for 2 dents last time.

Cheers.

Greg

That's v.cheap.

Dentmaster charged me about 80/90 IIRC several years ago for two on different panels.

Let me know who you use as I need a few doing too.