The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just de-catted

Glosphil

Just spent all night, until 30 mins ago putting the 2nd de-catt pipe on. The big one.

I had to hack saw the bolts off, what a pain its taken hours !

So, what difference has it made?

Well, its now much louder :) RSR sings lol

Its now boosting to 1.1 bar. Didnt put in the restrictor ring yet untill I take the first catt off.

Im still running the stock intercooler, best be careful eh?

Slight increase in power, but no massive kick from the second turbo, if anything its much smoother coming in.

Just spent all night, until 30 mins ago putting the 2nd de-catt pipe on. The big one.

I had to hack saw the bolts off, what a pain its taken hours !

So, what difference has it made?

Well, its now much louder :) RSR sings lol

Its now boosting to 1.1 bar. Didnt put in the restrictor ring yet untill I take the first catt off.

Im still running the stock intercooler, best be careful eh?

Slight increase in power, but no massive kick from the second turbo, if anything its much smoother coming in.

BPU has mixed results from car to car, it depends on how good you're turbo's are and intercooler.

Personally I do not know what all the fuss is about on BPU. I am full BPU and it is different quite a bit, but with all the threads with people ranting a raving about it I was dissapointed to say the least.

It could be my turbo's are not up to standard I dunno, but I am full decat and new intercooler from Miami Gt.

It will be ok mate but put a new intercooler at the top of your're list. If you are stopping at BPU I would personally stick with a smic to be honest. Contact Andy @ Miami Gt for a stock replacement, for BPU it is good enough FMIC is a bit overkill for just BPU.