The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please HELP EXHAUST PROBS

CANDYMAN666

HI ALL have a twin turbo with hybrid turbo's high lift cams blitz induction kit ( I know ) Blitz intercooler F1 com ECU controller which I have owned for approx 1 month pushing somewhere over 400 BHP not dyno'd yet, currently have a 5 inch pipe manifold back but this will not handle the power as it is forcing the internals of the silencer out of the tailpipe CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RECOMMEND an exhaust capable of handling at least 600BHP that will also look and sound the part. Also looking for DUMP VALVE are they any good, do they kill turbo's and which are the BEST????? HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED:rolleyes:

Dont really know where to start,

Any half decent exhaust for the supra should cope with 400bhp,as for 600bhp-i think youd have alot more stuff to worry about than the exhaust.

If the internals of the 5 inch??? exhaust are falling to bits-its because its rubbish-not because you MAY be running at 400 bhp.

Thanks Guys....do you know any suppliers for th BOOST LOGIC system ??? Cheers

Jesus it is like pulling teeth. Please mate read the quote below from s3upra. There are so many variables that you have to consider it is not as simple as picking one and going for it.

Depends what you want from an exhaust,very free flowing,noisy,quiet,good ground clearance,longevity,cost etc etc

Impossible question to answer without more details:)

Whats with all the random capital letters?

Think a blitz Nur spec R may fullfill your needs.

Can't agree here, though it sounds nice it drones horribly and has poor clearance. The RSR has a similar sound but has far better clearance and doesn't suffer from drone.

The Boostlogic is insanely loud, far more than the RSR or NUR, or anything else for that matter (loudest exhaust at the shootout done in the US), though it's a 4inch pipe so clearance under the rear axle isn't so good. It's overkill on a TT.

If you have £700 to spend I'd go for a Ti. Less weight and nice sound.

The Boostlogic is insanely loud, far more than the RSR or NUR, or anything else for that matter (loudest exhaust at the shootout done in the US).

Interesting read as I am after a louder exhaust, my Kakimoto is loud but I want louder and with all the Scooby's I do not care how loud it is.

Whats with all the random capital letters?

Can't agree here, though it sounds nice it drones horribly and has poor clearance. The RSR has a similar sound but has far better clearance and doesn't suffer from drone.

The Boostlogic is insanely loud, far more than the RSR or NUR, or anything else for that matter (loudest exhaust at the shootout done in the US), though it's a 4inch pipe so clearance under the rear axle isn't so good. It's overkill on a TT.

If you have £700 to spend I'd go for a Ti. Less weight and nice sound.

Homer-i didnt have much to go on-pls check prev posts-i asked about clearance etc.

:innocent:

Ti is titanium...

I've got a Greddy Ti exhaust, sounds lovely BUT it is VERY loud in comparison to some. 5" downpipe?? whoever fitted that needs there head checked.. and as far as pushing the internals out?? that is just a shagged exhaust I reckon... Guys are running 800+ on 4" systems...

Don't know about the random capital letters...

You mention the ti.....as new to Jap cars is ti the manufacturer or model name please ?

It means exhausts made from Titanium (very light weight). HKS, Greddy and Veilside have made Ti ones, though I don;t think the Veilside is available anymore. I've heard all three, none drone or have serious clearance issues so are a nice choice if you are after a lightweight exhaust. It's pointless going for an expensive lightweight exhaust if you are the type who likes to fit big wheels and heavy ICE though ;)