The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how well fitted is the supra rear window?

Guest Geneb

Guest Geneb

been looking at this as im getting new speakers and stuff fitted by imc at the weekend, and im a bit concern that putting 2x 1800 watt subs may pop the tail gate window out?

has this happen to anyone else before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8000w-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Monoblock-Sub-Bass-Amp-Car_W0QQitemZ270122265262QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I hope your expecting to spend the same again getting 0 gague cabling to it, plus the huge cap you'll need to stop it cutting out and then all the other speakers and amps you'll need to be able to hear anything else from the system.. To be honest, i've been there and done that.. I ran 2, 1000w Alpine 10" subs of individual kicker amps and that was MORE than plenty. To be honest I couldn't have it flat out, for 2 reasons.. 1) It actually does hurt and 2) you'll start killing alternators/normal batteries etc..

Guest Geneb
I hope your expecting to spend the same again getting 0 gague cabling to it, plus the huge cap you'll need to stop it cutting out and then all the other speakers and amps you'll need to be able to hear anything else from the system.. To be honest, i've been there and done that.. I ran 2, 1000w Alpine 10" subs of individual kicker amps and that was MORE than plenty. To be honest I couldn't have it flat out, for 2 reasons.. 1) It actually does hurt and 2) you'll start killing alternators/normal batteries etc..

Ah thanks for that info ,i'm not installing it myself i have not got a clue when it comes to car electrics. just allocated £1500 for my install. just like my bass and was more concerned about damaging my car and never really gave a thought to myself.

Thx for the info Graham

Guest Geneb

will do bud , i aint gonna run it till my ears bleed i just believe if you want something loud buy something very loud that way nothing gets stressed, but going to look into this alternator issue Graham C mention first:)