The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ack! What have I done?

Snooze

Gutted.

Watching my Supra drive off up the road this evening with it's new owner. :(

On the plus side, a warm hello to its new owner. Seems like a top bloke and would be a welcome addition here.

If he enjoys the Supra half as much as I did, and has half as much help from people here that I have over the last couple of years, then he'll have some good times ahead!

All the best - enjoy the car, mate!

As for me - I'm picking up my new car at the weekend. Something I'm very happy with indeed..... will let you all know!

Would love another one, but Adam is nearly a year old now and I'm afraid practicality has just become too much of an issue.

At Christmas we travelled to my folks' place. After packing all our presents, clothes and stuff plus little Adam into the Soop, we realised that there was no room left for Vicki (the missus). She got put on a train instead!!! There's only so many times you can get away with that, it seems!

So - loved the Supra to bits, need a bit more practicality. What could I possibly be getting next??? ;) ;) (no prizes!)

Would love another one, but Adam is nearly a year old now and I'm afraid practicality has just become too much of an issue.

At Christmas we travelled to my folks' place. After packing all our presents, clothes and stuff plus little Adam into the Soop, we realised that there was no room left for Vicki (the missus). She got put on a train instead!!! There's only so many times you can get away with that, it seems!

So - loved the Supra to bits, need a bit more practicality. What could I possibly be getting next??? ;) ;) (no prizes!)

Aristo!!

H.

Firstly. NOT a scooby :p Far too common. (although to be really honest, I'd almost given up looking for my new car, and a scooby probably would have made my shortlist for an inbetweener......:blush: )

Scooter - I'll certainly give you a shout as soon as I get my sweaty mits on the new car! :eyebrows:

And can I just say, the Supra is a great looking, great performing, fantastic car.

But the thing I'll really miss the most is the flashes and waves from other MkIV cars you meet on the road.... we're a friendly bunch, really!

But the thing I'll really miss the most is the flashes and waves from other MkIV cars you meet on the road....

Gonna miss the waves from fellow marque drivers... thought it was gonna be a BMW ;)

Congrats on your decision with an Aristo :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

...and here we go:

"I like the new car - much more sensible.", says Vicki. Uh-huh. :eyebrows:

http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/18784/2005711369023708738_rs.jpg

"It's much more comfortable.". Well - she does have a point there.

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/17185/2005775918261076020_rs.jpg

"What does VVTI mean?" :eyebrows: :D :eyebrows: :D

http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/18017/2005762193061826924_rs.jpg

Mk II 1998 Aristo - currently just running decatted at 329rwhp. Genuine 30k miles on the clock. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Feeling slightly better about the departed Supra now. :)

Well - I'm going to need to try a bit of self-control. Information seems quite hard to come by for these cars over here at the moment, so I can't afford to start breaking things!

I shall probably leave it as it is for a while until I get a better understanding and feel for the car . Then it'll be fixing up/converting all the electrics (GPS, TV, etc) first, THEN for the proper BPU. If I haven't gotten too accustomed to the softer ride by that point, a few handling tweaks could be in order.....