The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can Anyone Help? Hks 264's

Marty

I bought a set of hks 264 cams last week, to be put in to my supra whilst the engine is being rebuilt. According to the suppliers website 'if they didnt have them in stock, they would be in within 2-3 days and sent same day', so they should have been here today/tomorrow at the latest.

Ive just had an email saying that they are waiting for one cam and its not going to be in until saturday :(

My engine needs to be up and running by the 30th so to sort all the niggles out before it gets mapped on the 8th. So these cams arent going to arrive in time :(

Typical.

Does anyone have any hks 264's (used or unused) sitting in their garage that they can borrow me? :) And then they can have my brand new ones when they arrive next week/start of june.

Obviously i'll give you some £ aswel for getting me out the sh*t, and send you proof that i have got cams on the way:)

Its a bit of a long shot, but worth a go

Can you not cancel the first order seeinfg as they didn't supply to date?

Ive actually emailed them, asking for a refund. on the webpage for the cams it says this....

'Some of these cams are special order cams, very popular and are not in stock on a daily basis due to high demand. We get these direct from HKS Japan and it takes about 3 days to arrive if we dont have them in stock. We will inform purchasing customers within 24 hours of order confirmation of any back orders from HKS.'

Basically, i ordered them last monday (14th), told them with the order i was desperate and needed them asap as my engine needs to be running for the 30th. I didnt head off them until thursday night, after me sending another email asking for tracking number, all they said was 'the order is processing'. I replied saying 'That it was a bit of a vague reply and when will they be sent'.

They got back to me this morning saying 'they have one cam, the other will be another 8days from HKS'.

I think im entitled to a refund as their advert was misleading.

Normally id be happy to wait but am on a bit of a deadline with this one.

Luckily i paid with paypal so i could open a dispute i guess.

Yea, I would hold out for a refund mate, if you get stuck with two sets I may be looking soon, think it is 264's I am gonna be putting in

I'll bare you in mind mate :thumbs:

If i get stuck with them they'll be up on here for sale the start of june :)

Well done Martin, you'll not fail to shift a set of those on here, looks like the big bhp battle is still on then ;)

Hehe, certainly does, although i think you may have me beat, ive heard alot of good things about these gt4088's ;) You do know red is the fastest colour though? It gives me about 50bhp+ extra ive heard :D

£370 ish for a pair?? tell me more;)

:yeahthat: :sly:

Just lucky i guess, had someone PM me off the supraforums :D Theres another set on there for $650 which is also a damn good price.

Or you can have my spare set when they arrive ;)