The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it all about the boost?

cheekymonkey

Hi All

It seems everything to do with BPU etc is all about increasing the amount of boost provided by the turbos, to get more fuelling and performance.

Question is, is there anything else worth doing to a BPU car to improve the power at the lower end of the rev range before the 2nd turbo kicks in?

Only thing I can think of would be higher lift cams, is this worth doing? Anything else?

4k RPM seems so far away when you're racing an R34!!

Hi All

It seems everything to do with BPU etc is all about increasing the amount of boost provided by the turbos, to get more fuelling and performance.

Question is, is there anything else worth doing to a BPU car to improve the power at the lower end of the rev range before the 2nd turbo kicks in?

Only thing I can think of would be higher lift cams, is this worth doing? Anything else?

4k RPM seems so far away when you're racing an R34!!

in a word....No, everything is perfectly setup to take 1.2 bar without much problem, only other thing I Would consider is some clever ducting and water injection

It's not just about increasing the boost, a decat also helps in a big way, quicker spool up etc. Another option would be to install a piggyback ECU as most J specs will run rich when at 1.2 Bar and full decat...again this will help in spool up time and squeeze a few more horses out.

Edit - As Nic said.

Remapping the timing and fueling with something like the Emanage or Emanage Ultimate will give you some extra.

Would either of those be suitable for going single as well?

My plan is to go single one day, (when the stock turbos blow up), but if I can get a piggyback ECU on there in the meantime to increase power a little bit, I wouldn't want to have to rip it out when I do go single...

My plan is to go single one day, (when the stock turbos blow up), but if I can get a piggyback ECU on there in the meantime to increase power a little bit, I wouldn't want to have to rip it out when I do go single...

Yes both are capable of running small to medium sized singles, the Emanage Ultimate would be the better choice though as it allows more accurate mapping.

Ian C has made some impressive numbers running his T67DBB with the EMU.

In that case I'd personally go for an Apexi Power FC Standalone if you can get hold of one or failing that my second option would be the Emanage Ultimate.

Edit- Too slow...... Damn you Nic:)

Yes both are capable of running small to medium sized singles, the Emanage Ultimate would be the better choice though as it allows more accurate mapping.

Ian C has made some impressive numbers running his T67DBB with the EMU.

Bearing in mind I already have an autosport wiring harness (not yet installed) what would I need to buy to be able to fit the EMU?

Just pricing this up at the moment - realise I'd need an expert to map it too :)

Bearing in mind I already have an autosport wiring harness (not yet installed) what would I need to buy to be able to fit the EMU?

Just pricing this up at the moment - realise I'd need an expert to map it too :)

Ian C is the EMU mapping guru.

I'll pm you list of parts and prices.

Thanks for the PM

Nic recommended

15500501 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate

15901500 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate Harness Kit

16401301 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor

16401406 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor Harness

15901504 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate Injector Adapter 2

I see this comes with a "Harness Kit", now, how does this fit in with the main wiring loom, is it plug and play or do we have to cut wires?

Reason I ask is that I now wonder if I even need my brand new wiring harness :)

Thanks for the PM

Nic recommended

15500501 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate

15901500 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate Harness Kit

16401301 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor

16401406 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor Harness

15901504 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate Injector Adapter 2

I see this comes with a "Harness Kit", now, how does this fit in with the main wiring loom, is it plug and play or do we have to cut wires?

Reason I ask is that I now wonder if I even need my brand new wiring harness :)

The EMU needs to be wired in, this is a lot easier if you have a Field type harness to splice into.