The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello

Guest Supramang

Guest Supramang

hi everyone

names hemang lol im indian, 18 and currently searching for a good condition twin turbo, aint too bothered whether its manual or auto, i currently drive a mazda 3 1.6 semi auto so its quite a jump to the twin turbo. i knw most of you will think im insane at the age of 18 wanting a twin turbo, its in dream land but i got the money and i love supras.

well just letting you all know my position please let me know or pm me if you are selling your twin tubbies. i am looking for 2 as my mate would like one too.

thanks

Have a look in the for sale thread on here.. That's your best bet at finding a good one. Or there are a few good importers on the forum (Jurgen, CJ) who could ship you one over from Japan to your own spec.

I'm guessing you've already looked into insurance. How much are your quotes if you don't mind me asking?...

Guest Supramang

alright mate cheers for the reply, i jus been looking at the ones in the sale sections and by CJ and jurgen i think lol

my insurance quote isnt too bad actually for a twin turbo

its £2000 with me being name driver under my mums name and still being insured on the mazda that i have. i thought that isnt too bad for an 18 year old with a twin tubby lol. that quote was provided by liverpool victora and Bell both being about £2000.

i have seen quotes of 6k aswell lol and suprisingly the insurance on a scooby single turbo was more than a supra starting at about £3500.

definately try sky the club insurer and that other one... something flux? someone will confirm. but thats not bad. mine is 1300 and im 25, parked on the street in the city center. with no history of driving a high power car. And mine is an NA :)

I dont agree with being a named driver if you acturly own the car!

i could happily cut my insurance in half by doing that, but i pay 2k+ a year so if something serious happens i know im covered legally!

what happens if you have a accerdent and they find out you own the car and are the main driver you insurance is void. you and your mum go to court and have to pay the bill.. not a good idea. wait untill you can afford it on your own.

I think alot of members will agree with me on this one.

Sorry to sound abit harsh mate but thats my opinion.

Welcome to the club btw

I am a bit lost here. Are you going to be a named driver on you rmums insurance and keep the Mazda as your own car then?

I don't see the problem. ;)

I still think that 18 is a dangerous age to be driving a Supe. I did some stupid things when I was that age, but I suppose there are some responsible kids knocking about these days........:rolleyes:

Oh and Welcome!!

H.

Guest Supramang

lol cheers for all your views, im keeping the mazda as mine, but the supra i will pay for but V5 in mums name so insurance is cheaper. i knw at 18 its dangerous and its such a jump from 103bhp 1.6 to a 3.0l 326bhp but i am aware of that and thats why i would like to get one so early so i can get used to it before i do any mods to it. as far as runnin costs and insurance goes i am fully aware of what im gettin myself into as my dad used to own one. my parents said they will help me if i need to run it :) i knw that sounds spoilt but hey, at least i know they there for me lol thanks for concern though guys

lol cheers for all your views, im keeping the mazda as mine, but the supra i will pay for but V5 in mums name so insurance is cheaper. i knw at 18 its dangerous and its such a jump from 103bhp 1.6 to a 3.0l 326bhp but i am aware of that and thats why i would like to get one so early so i can get used to it before i do any mods to it. as far as runnin costs and insurance goes i am fully aware of what im gettin myself into as my dad used to own one. my parents said they will help me if i need to run it :) i knw that sounds spoilt but hey, at least i know they there for me lol thanks for concern though guys

Car's only as quick as your foot allows it. You'll need a will of steel mate.

:welcome: to the club by the way.

Car's only as quick as your foot allows it. You'll need a will of steel mate.

:welcome: to the club by the way.

I'm sure someone will disagree and say their car isn't as quick as their foot would like to allow ;)

Welcome to the club by the way! I had a chat with some mates recently, as we've all upgraded our cars over the last year, and we've all come to the conclusion that given the way we drove when we were 17-20, we'd probably not be here if we had had these cars 6 years ago :)

I'm not saying everyone is in the same rush we were though :p

I had a chat with some mates recently, as we've all upgraded our cars over the last year, and we've all come to the conclusion that given the way we drove when we were 17-20, we'd probably not be here if we had had these cars 6 years ago :)

Thinking about it, i doubt i'd be here if i had the soop when i was 18... I had a 1 litre Mini and i nearly killed myself in that when i wrote it off :rolleyes:

Be careful mate ;)

Guest Supramang

lol well i got a 1.6 at the moment so might be a little faster then that 1.0l mini mate and i aint had a sractch on it yet so maybe, just maybe, i might be able to get used to a supra. one of my mates mate has got one, he took me out in it the other day cos i told him i wanted one, he got a twin turbo and ye i knw what u all mean, they're stupidly fast lol but i would still get one and drive it every now and then, i think it would be cool to say at the age of 18 i got a supra lol, most people will be like what the f**k and i could blow away all my mates which is always a good thing :), by the way do any of you have a tip for racing semi auto's. i seem to be losin to the corsa 1.2 twinports because of my start. any tips on how to start a race in one? cheers again guys much appriciated.