The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EGT Sensor

Glosphil

It's best placed as close to the exhaust outlet as possible, normally in one of the manifold runners (5 or 6 are good as they tend to get the hotest).

These are normally placed in the second decat anyway :)

Think you've got something mixed up daman :) The widebands go in the 2nd decat, egt's in the manifold.

Phil,

I think it's a matter of personal choice. I know Chris Wilson is of the opinion that after the Turbos its pointless fitting it. (Due to the lag introduced by the turbos acting as heat sinks) Any noticable increase in EGT will be too late to do anything about it.

Other people point out that there is a risk in installing before the turbos that the tip of the sensor could break off and take out your turbos en-route to the exhaust. The counter to this argument is that you don't hear of it happening often (if at all)

All you can do is make an informed decision based on the two arguments. I'll probably go for before the turbos, potentially giving me the excuse to go hybrid or single ;)

Mike