The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Combined NW and Wales meet - Bala Lake

garetheves

Having just got back from Wales i got chatting to Havard and Shytot about Bala Lake. For anyone not been there the scenery really is breathtaking and its not a million miles away (about an hour and half from mine in Standish). Talk got onto a trip out for a bite to eat, chat and general mooch around.

Figured seeing as we would be in Wales for it anyway id open it up to the Welsh Boys and make it a fairly large combined meet.

Ian has suggested a place called Ponderosa (hope thats right) which is a nice large cafe with great food and lots of parking. As well as that Paul (Havard) knows a very nice Pancake place.

Then we can go for a bit of drive around the Lake and surrounding areas taking in the scenery.

Event taking place 30th June

add names to calender here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=486&day=2007-6-30&c=1 if attending

all discussion in this thread here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=111534 please to avoid confusion

is this north wales? Could you please google map it for me? If i don't write off the car at the ring this weekend it may be a goer :D

Yeah its North Wales, thats why its ideal for a joint meet between the NW and Wales lot.

http://www.bala-snowdonia.com/images/map2.gif

Add names if coming.

1. MPryde

2. Cardif Supra (possibly)

3. Hoff

Add names if coming.

1. MPryde

3. Hoff

4. Chenco9 (From Cardiff)

I've googled it and its 125 mi (about 3 hours 25 mins) according to google. (Bala lakes is LL23 7DD)

Basically for us cardiff people its up the A470. It will be country road driving and hopefully it will also be summer weather :D

Anyways, im always up for a drive....just need to make a few tweaks to the car before then though....(ahem)

It is a gorgeous drive up to it. Not quite as scenic for us lot coming from the NW as its mostly Motorway until the last stretch just before the lake but will be fun all the same.

Is everyone ok with thr 30th June??

Add names if coming.

1. MPryde

3. Hoff

4. Chenco9 (From Cardiff)

I've googled it and its 125 mi (about 3 hours 25 mins) according to google. (Bala lakes is LL23 7DD)

Basically for us cardiff people its up the A470. It will be country road driving and hopefully it will also be summer weather :D

Anyways, im always up for a drive....just need to make a few tweaks to the car before then though....(ahem)

Just posted this up in the NW section, bit of an update on the general plan for the day. We are all meeting up prior to getting into Wales for a comvoy. If you guys want to do the same ill leave it up to you lot to organise.

We are aiming to be at the Ponderosa Cafe complex on Horseshoe Pass at 11:00am. Think this will be the best place to meet you lot. If anyone wants to join up with before that we are meeting at Chester services at 9:00am.

Ok, following a browse of the map over a few pints at our mini meet the other night we have come up with a rough itiniery and route for the day. This isnt set in stone so if anyone has any suggestions then shout em out.

Because everyone is coming from different areas we have proposed 2 initial meets to get the convoy together.

1. 8:00am - BP garage J27 of M6 - Standish. Leave around 8:30.

2. 9:30am - Chester services at the end of the M56. This is point 1 on the map below.

From here we will all head down to the Ponderosa Cafe complex (as recommended by Ian :) ) and hopefully meet the Wales lot there at 11:00am.

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/ Postcodes and stuff can be found on that site.

Have a bite to eat and general chat in the cafe before heading off on a decent drive.

From Ponderosa, head to Bala Lake, possible stop there briefly before heading for Barmouth on the coast.

Follow the coast road (A496) up and eventually cut inland and head to Betws-Y-Coed. Will try and find somewhere to stop for a bit there although the roads are narrow so not sure if we will manage or not.

At this point not quite sure what is best. I reckon for us NW folk it would be best to head North to Colwyn Bay and then follow the A55 back across to Chester Services and head home that way. It may be easier for the crew from Wales to leave us at this point and head their own way home. Will leave it up to them.

From my experience the other week in Wales, once there, there arent many places (in fact i didnt spot one) that stocked Super Unleaded fuel so make sure you fill up before and possibily best to top up around Chester "just in case"

How does that sound to everyone?? Ive done a very rough map on google maps, which the link for should hopefully should be below all this text (fingers crossed).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&om=1&msid=112378262498138210538.00000112e996ed08b9e9d&ll=53.307903,-3.548584&spn=0.502185,1.2854&z=10

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys are having a convoy up can you let me know which way you are going. There a 3 or 4 of us from shrewsbury/welshpool/oswestry way coming i think and there are a few options which route we can take. Im open to options. Not sure if any of them will take us to near where the others are meating though. Its only 45mins to hour drive for me straight there.

Shame I can't join you guys but the car is still 3 weeks off being finished :(

Noticed this earlier in the thread though

If i don't write off the car at the ring this weekend it may be a goer :D

Now there was a bad omen bearing in mind what happened next!

LOL, well at least he didnt write it off, I couldnt notice the damage with all the plasters over it :D

Shame I can't join you guys but the car is still 3 weeks off being finished :(

Noticed this earlier in the thread though

Now there was a bad omen bearing in mind what happened next!

This is why when it happened i wasn't devasted as i'd already resided myself to it being a possibility. Anyway who's up for a trip next year??

I know what you mean... and let's face it, whilst your buggering yours up from the outside in, I'm managing it the opposite way :rolleyes:

It's a bit like drink with me. I know my limit but keeping getting pissed before I reach it ;)

Love to be there next year. I am missing the get togethers and still I'm 3 weeks away from getting her back. fingers crossed and all that!