Mint NSX totalled at Japfest.

b_have

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw the tyres fly up in the air, as i was on the striahgt where he came off. Couldnt see the car though and didnt see it on the truck, now i see what it looked like. :S real shame.. they couldnt have been out on the track long before that happened as a few moments before they were only just lined up waiting to go out :(

A scooby almost lost it on the same straight not long after as well, and that was 4wd.

Feel for the owner of the nsx, would have been a great day ruined for him

Saw the tyres fly up in the air, as i was on the striahgt where he came off. Couldnt see the car though and didnt see it on the truck, now i see what it looked like. :S real shame.. they couldnt have been out on the track long before that happened as a few moments before they were only just lined up waiting to go out :(

A scooby almost lost it on the same straight not long after as well, and that was 4wd.

Feel for the owner of the nsx, would have been a great day ruined for him

Yes, it was his first lap (and he was quick)

We were standing right next to the wall, maybe 3 metres away, scared the shit outa me! Pic of nearside was no better!

Japfest 07 027 (Large).jpg

Yes, it was his first lap (and he was quick)

We were standing right next to the wall, maybe 3 metres away, scared the shit outa me!

Im not suprised it did, was stood like 50 meters away from the striahgt, and it was loud, screetching of tyres then a loud kinda thud and a lot of de-celerating cars.. shortly followed by a mass of people moving to the edge of the track (well as close as they could get)

A few minutes earlier the guy over the tannoy was talking about how "rare" and "expensive" the NSX was and how rare an occation it was to have them all together, then this happens :S

first lap probably didnt help that his tyres would no-doubt have been very cold (stood on wet grass for the first part of the show) then onto the track...

whifbitz rx7 caught on fire 2 see it get trailored out:( a bad day think there was 2 crashes 1 fire and shed loads of blown engines

That pale blue scooby (on of the TOTB cars) also caught fire mate! Don't know what happenned but assume that they may have run the engine tuned a little hard - mind you it was shifting!!

Not nice to see some ones pride and joy destroyed. I suppose that is always the risk of these type motorsport events.

I bet its the last thing you think of when you sign up.

I was actualy at the event today and I was very impresed with the format, it was good day out. I did not however enjoy the 700 mile trip there and back!

Kevin