The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thank you TurboFit

Pig

Short Version: Thanks cant believe all you did and WHAT a car :)

Long Version:

Back in Feb i ordered the parts for my car and took into turbofit for an extensive engine rebuild and manual conversion.

After about a month or so the parts finally arrived and work on the car began.

There were plenty of updates to let me know how it was getting on :)

The time came when the car was finished (just after the TF openday) The car was run in on the rollers and produced 447RWHP @ 1.2 bar (T61)

Picked it up and was SOOOOOO impressed, they told me to take it easy, so i only boosted up a couple of times :eyebrows:

Got to my mates workshop to show it off and we noticed oil leaking underneath the car....quite quickly :(

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry - after a quick call to Pete @ TF he said he would wait for the AA to arrive, about 9:30 PM IIRC

The problem turned out to be a hairline fracture in the new oil pump. After stripping, it became clear the thrust bearings had been starved of oil, one had dropped out and the crankshaft had been damaged due to the play.

All in the space of NO time at all before the dragonball (which they knew i really wanted to go on) TF had the bottom end out of the car, sorted the bits (another crankshaft lightened and balanced and new bearings) then got it all back together.

All this work has been done by TF free of charge to me

Sam brought the car back to me @ 9:30 PM on the friday night before the dragonball. I couldnt believe i actually had it!

Everyone had worked so hard just for me, Pete even came in on his days off....Thanks Guys!

Of course with the bottom end being kind of new i had to run it in again....all who attended the Dragon Ball were witness to my first 500 miles off boost (burna...grrrrrr ;))

Well another 500 miles later today was the day when i would start to "use" the car properly. That i did. For proof please see the 2 long lines of rubber coming out of the dartford bridge toll!

P.S - Single is F'ing fast

PP.S - I cant wait to up the boost!

Nice one dude, and well done TF, You rarely find that kind of love for customers anywhere.. I think the fact they did all that work FOC is as good as it gets. Its always nice reading of stories like this, especially for people looking for somewhere to take their own P&J..

Hope the car continues to be nothing but fun!

Funny you should ask about Yank cars, in the last week I have put back to running a Dodge Ram with a 440ci V8 and we have a C4 350ci Corvette in on Monday for a pile of work.

American cars were always my first love and over 20 years I have either owned or worked on most american muscle cars and know them inside out, at the end of the day the good old V8 is just a tractor engine and so easy to work on.

As for Supra's now the 1st love of my life ( Whoops 2nd after Sam):D

Sorry about the hijack Jon, really pleased that you are reaping the rewards now and having a blast:)

Guest StevenSheen

The folks are TF are the only people to see for anything Supe related IMO. There a great bunch, genuine, and wont rip you off.

Greg spent nearly 3 hours trying to get a delmiter to work properly on my supe (speedo needle was bouncing about) but because the job should have only taken 1/2 hour thats what I was charged! Really am impressed by these guys their well worth the 160 mile round trip!