The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Essex Auto Electrician/fault Finder Wanted.

GLENN STONEHAM

Help needed in Southend to find a good fault finder with diagnostics reader for my N/A supra.

Broke down last night between St. Osyth & Colchester.Recovery brought me home to Thorpe Bay. When engine warms up after about 10 mins. the mil warning light comes on when misfiring occurs & engine cuts out soon after.Checked the usual connections, car starts up/ runs fine but soon cuts out again . Let it cool ,starts/fires fine then when warm cuts out. Seems to be electrical or a sensor but theres no error codes coming up to narrow it down. Does this mean that no error codes would come up on a proper diagnostics test or are they more sensitive? If so I am happy to pay an experienced elec/garage to sort this out but dont know of a reliable one nearby or preferably mobile as cant risk driving more than a mile or so.

Local members (supraloopy etc) can you lend me an igniter to check mine & recommend anyone? :blink: cheers ,Glenn.

i have n/a coil pack and other elec parts if you want to borrow them mate...

if there are no fault codes then no one else will find anything diffrent.....

Thanks mate, kind of you to offer & I may well be taking you up on that. Would you believe it (yes we all would cos intermitant faults are like that & the hardest to trace) started her up the next morning expecting to malfunction once hot but it didnt. Then cautiously drove around locally for 1/2 hour or so (twice) & she was fine . I know the problem will occur again so was hoping it would go wrong so I or an electrician can diagnose & fix it. Bummer! It had been wet prior to prob. so now its started raining I will be driving around locally to see what happens.

Still dont know of a good mechanic/ sparky with diagnostics though to call on when fault re occurs & I need to have one lined up. Got any phone nos. of the other local supra chaps in case they can recommend one? My no is 0781 3946959.

cheers , Glenn.