The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I haven't got a clue on alloys to get!

dr_blackman

I would like some 18's budget up to £800 ish with tyres really....

Or would i be best to stick with 17's - i think they will look too small like my stock 16's do...

I have a 1998 Quick silver na btw.... I would like the alloys to be able to fit over uk spec brakes.

I'm getting confused with all the width i.e 7, 7.5, 8 and tyre sizes?

Been looking at this site do the tyres they recommend size wise sounds right?

http://www.alloywheels.com/search.asp?numrecordposition=1&strSize=18%22&strkeywords=5x114%20et35,5x114%20et37,5x114%20et38,5x114%20et40,5x114%20et42&strSort=Low&Make=Toyota&Model=Supra%20Mk4%20Import

I like the deep dish look, but i also love my 5 spoke, sort of kahn look...

Any suggestions lol, i've never bought after market alloys before and there's to much choice lol :D

Plus I dont want to make a mistake!

Dave.

Dave, if your budget is £800 including tyres buy a decent set of quality second hand wheels or save up a bit longer.

Any new wheels + tyres that cheap will be poor quality.

:yeahthat:

I don't know how much you can get the ones on mine for but I love them!! The are Ace130's but they are only 8.5" all round.....:blink: The car grips really well but if I had a TT I would defo want wider on the back!

Not sure if they clear UK's though!! Here's a pic!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8378/pict0868ul2.jpg

I would expect them to be quite cheap. Would look good on gummetal me thinks too!

H.

Dave, if your budget is £800 including tyres buy a decent set of quality second hand wheels or save up a bit longer.

Any new wheels + tyres that cheap will be poor quality.

going to have to agree with Nic... I got these 2nd hand, and was so surprised when I picked this one up today... so much lighter than my stock 17s!!!!

volk wheels.jpg

lol @ Havard yep must agree with you there :) Quicksilver is good at hiding the dirt though lol.... just washed mine and before i started i never knew how dirty it actually was as at quick glance it never looked to bad ;)

I have been surprised with mine. It doesn't look dirty that much but I like to be reminded that it needs cleaning. Not looking forward to the winter though. You go out in the wet once and it's filthy.

My wifes BM is gunmetal and that hides the dirt well but looks great when cleaned!

So you aren't keen on my wheels then Dr Blackmman......:tongue:

H.

gaz has some nice ultralites that a 5 spoke and a bit dishy atm. im going to be getting some for my quicksilver in black. a little over yout price range but there v nice. and a good price 2

I know i love them wheels, i'd be paying off those wheels for 3-4 months and i will need tyres within a month and they dont come with any lol ;) If only he did a 0% finance package i would as there lovely wheels!

They are very nice indeed..:D

IMG_1087 (Large).JPG

There lovely Andy, suit your car a treat mate :) wish I could adford them right now myself! Maybe in a few weeks or so :)

Thanks mate. I know the gold's not everyone's cup of tea but I wanted a liitle bling. Just bought some rimwax for 'em 15 quid :blink: better do what it says on the tin..

I think they suit a silver car mate :) Think i'd go for the silvery/grey one's on mine as my quicksilver is quite a bit darker than yours and dont think it would look as good to be fair :)

:rlol: Just looked in your garage doc. Car looks white mate. :D

Gotta agree the silver grey jobs do look great. It was a toss up between them.

Worth saving up for though, guys at Protyre were drooling over 'em.

lol yeah need to get some better pic's up on here :) how much where the tyres for them then mate? :)

They're Falkens mate medium in terms of quality compared to Pirelli's etc. but good enough. 400 notes all in with balance, fit, tracking done.

Not to bad then mate, I'm trying to weigh things up as i'm off to Corfu next month so moneys kinda tied up at the mo specially with the old end of the month bills approaching.... Wondering if to buy the rims on card then after my holiday i should have cleared that then get the tyres after :) Thing is when i get the rims i will be wanting them on lol :)

Where's Gaz with a finance package for me ;) lol