The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First impression PHR stage 3

JamieP

Im not best pleased, at the moment its laggy and slow, only had 30min on the dyno as we ran out of time, so unless we have missed something im not happy:( going back next week to try and sort it but as its stands the GT4088 would run rings round this thing.

I did a little vid on the way home, ill upload it in a bit.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s a bummer :(

Surprised it seems so different, the 4088 is about on par with a T67 power and spool wise so would have thought a t71 with dbb not to be dramatically different.

Did you manage to get as far as getting a power figure out of it?

I'm selling a SP850GTW if you fancy giving that a go J ;) Based on a 67 with an earlier spool, Kevin ran this on the Envy car when it first went single. Ask us on MSN if you want any more info

If this cant be sorted im going back to GT4088, i know they perform well.

That’s a bummer :(

Surprised it seems so different, the 4088 is about on par with a T67 power and spool wise so would have thought a t71 with dbb not to be dramatically different.

Did you manage to get as far as getting a power figure out of it?

At 1.2 bar its 90 bhp down on the GT4088:search:

anything else changed in the setup that might cause a reduction in power? New larger wheels?

JB

I did mention that to Dan but he said it wont make any real difference, either way dyno aside my arse tells me its loads slower, im just hoping we have missed something and will sort it next week, otherwise that tubby is coming off.

30mins on the dyno...surely it needs more time?

I expect it was a "try it and see". i.e mapping for 100% throttle, rather than the redoing for all throttle and boost positions.

From the 2nd vid it seems a fair bit slower than previous vids of the 4088.

I expect it was a "try it and see". i.e mapping for 100% throttle, rather than the redoing for all throttle and boost positions.

From the 2nd vid it seems a fair bit slower than previous vids of the 4088.

Yea all the off boost settings aint changed, car still drives perfect, so he just had to check the fueling on WOT.

I gotta say ive been in loads of singles now, nothing yet has come close to the drivability and sheer power of the gt4088. 81ar

I ordered another gt4088 couple weeks ago with the .96ar now im worrid that wont be any good either:(

When mines finally done I'd like you to take it for a drive and see what you think. It's nothing like your spec but would be good to get some honest first-hand comparison :) Going standalone now, so should be able to get it running a bit better and with more boost than expected.

When mines finally done I'd like you to take it for a drive and see what you think. It's nothing like your spec but would be good to get some honest first-hand comparison :) Going standalone now, so should be able to get it running a bit better and with more boost than expected.

Yea no probs mate, going AEM now?

Yea no probs mate, going AEM now?

Nah, that was out of budget, got a deal on a PowerFC that worked out cheaper than getting the EMB finished. It's not got all the extra features of the AEM, but is better than a piggyback.

I'm surprised TBH Jamie i thought that would have been a really good turbo to go for :( and i was considering it myself after my rebuild. May be stick a post in the PHR section and see if they can give you some feedback etc?

Im supprised to, there still might be a problem somewhere with the car or turbo, we run out of time to check.

Ive not written it off yet, lets see what happens next week.