The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heya peeps :)

Guest tilly

Guest tilly

Hi guys :)

My name is Mark and I'm 20 from lancashire. I work in car sales and finance and currently drive a c class merc but wanted something a bit sportier for playing around with :)

I've been looking into buying a supra as a second motor for a bit of a project and a weekend/summer toy. Obviously with my age insurance isn't the best which is understandable. I had my heart set on an aerotop until I realised how hard they were to insure so it was back to the normal TT's then!

After playing about with a few quotes, bell.co.uk came up on top on both standard and modified cars for me although I have to stick to UK cars and not imports. I had a bit of a shock though when reading through the supra guide posted on here to see there were only six hundred and odd UK cars sold which means I could have a few issues! I'm looking for a low mileage UK car with no/minimal mods, deffo nothing to the engine more than the usual exhaust and filter bits and bobs so it looks like I may be shopping around for a while but I'm not in too much of a hurry...

But anyways, just thought I'd pop by and say a quick hello and hopefully I'll be on here more often :)

Guest tilly

LMAO! Seems so, being naive I've been happily shopping about for days finding plenty of standard motors on the web getting myself excited with the reasonable budgets, seems most of them are jap motors... something that is now pretty obvious after reading the PDF :( little disappointing on the insurance front but hey that's life. It's just hard to find any insurance company to take my position into consideration because most see my age and tell me where to go but then again how many young lads drive a c class? The supra isnt to be an everyday car and is purely a project with 4k miles a year tops but will more likely be around 2/3k, fingers crossed I'll find the right car :)