The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dashboard

wallace9

I am looking into replacing my dash, not the dash panels the full width dash) because I have some gauges screwed into mine at the moment. My question is how much is something like worth?

I have been offered one which they say is in good nick and he wants me to make him an offer but I have no idea how much to pay. Any help would appreciated.

Oh and if nic or someone could let me know how much a new one would be that might help.

Cheers

offer him £100, thats a good price as otherwise he will have it sat in his place for ever, as not many people want the whole dash usually :D

That's what I was thinking, although it might cost a lot in man-hours for him to remove it from the car unscathed.

I've got another quick question.

How much work is involved in removing and replacing a dash.

My brother used to be a panel beater but other than some of his experience I don't have a clue about these things.

Removing the dash is not overly complicated, a few 10mm bolts, 3 loom connectors if I remember rightly. Clocks out, all dash panels off and then unbolt then lift out.

Removing the dash is not overly complicated, a few 10mm bolts, 3 loom connectors if I remember rightly. Clocks out, all dash panels off and then unbolt then lift out.

You make it sound so easy! Isn't this the job that those who have done it say they would charge £1,000 to do next time (dash out in order to replace the heater matrix)?

You make it sound so easy! Isn't this the job that those who have done it say they would charge £1,000 to do next time (dash out in order to replace the heater matrix)?

Having done it three times, yes it is a time consuming lengthy job, however if you take your time doing it is okay. Just a fiddly job and you have to be careful not spill water. However if the dash is out, it is worthwhile doing both jobs at the same time, save lifting the dash out a 2nd time..

How much do you reckon a replacement heater matrix would cost?

Is that a diy job or would I have to get someone knowledgeable to look at it?

It is something I would do personally... So DIY yes (but only if you have experience or big bollocks)... it is a job that can be done with paitence and time (and probably save a bit of money), but if you aren't confident, don't risk it since there is a fair amount of wiring loom and other bits that can be broken fairly easy without care.