The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my 3 supra models - UK, US, JAP

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

done all my 3 different types of supras, from the tamiya kits, jap was simple, uk just had to make littlewashers and custom uk plates and us was a sloooow sloooow one as the roof supports are like paper so used a model saw to cut the roof slowly and the glass to, came out really clean:) pics

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02253.jpg

DSC02252.jpg

Guest CoolsBlue

i got 2 kits u can have one for £15 including delivery? or ebay have them from japan but box always gets crushed and sometimes the model, pm me if you want one

Guest CoolsBlue

tamiya TS paint, little cans, £3.99 from a local hobby shop, no primer or anything then clearcoat, p.s if you use paints like holts or halfords, like primer, basecoat and clear, it makes the model bigger = parts wont fit, like bonnet and lights learnt this the hard way when i was younger

tamiya TS paint, little cans, £3.99 from a local hobby shop, no primer or anything then clearcoat, p.s if you use paints like holts or halfords, like primer, basecoat and clear, it makes the model bigger = parts wont fit, like bonnet and lights learnt this the hard way when i was younger

Ta

Nic, im after some BBS wheels, oem skirts and spats, TRD spoiler and do luck bumper. What do you say?

Feck off! :D

Would be interesting to see what you can get thou :)

Guest CoolsBlue

models come as standard hardtop jap/us choice, and the wheels other companys make dont fit the tamiya supras unless ur wicked at modelling:( to modifty the fittings, next ill try a facelift:D

Guest CoolsBlue

bout £12 for the kit, u have to buy paint £4 a can, and if u want a us aero u have to get a model saw to cut the roof and glass and the glass is molded in one peice, u can get ur rims, dont have to make them, but u need to midifty the fittings to make them connect on the supra kit is made by tamiya and wheels buy aoshima/fujimi who make the kits differently.

got one kit for sale if intrested, £15 including delivery, brand new everything is untouched and box is mint.

bout £12 for the kit, u have to buy paint £4 a can, and if u want a us aero u have to get a model saw to cut the roof and glass and the glass is molded in one peice, u can get ur rims, dont have to make them, but u need to midifty the fittings to make them connect on the supra kit is made by tamiya and wheels buy aoshima/fujimi who make the kits differently.

got one kit for sale if intrested, £15 including delivery, brand new everything is untouched and box is mint.

Does that price include the paint?

Guest CoolsBlue

no its just a model kit, you need to buy paint to build the model and glue from hobby craft or something, it comes with instructions

What are the rear lights like to change around, as you haven't shown the rear end pics as they will be different.

Also, just FYI it's spelt "modify". :D

On the tamiya kits the rear lights are all clear, so you just paint them as you like for either UK or J-Spec

Oh wow thats sweet, did you do the number plates yourself? I'd so love to make a black UK spec just like mine and put my plates on etc but don't think my hand is that steady!! How easy are these to build, are there alot of tiny fidly parts?

Guest CoolsBlue

lots and lots of tiny parts, setting up the front suspension and discs are the hardest parts i think, yea you paint the circle light bits, i changed it for the uk spec and put a larger plate at the rear on the uk in yellow, ill post pics later.