The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving in Europe.

MizTheWiz

I am going on a driving holiday through Europe soon for 3 weeks. Slowly getting all the parts together for my car.

I'm having probs getting hold of a spare bulb kit for my Jspec car though Halfords say nooooo lol.:rolleyes:

Any suggestions out there???:search:

Thanks in advance.....

Dude I really wouldn't worry about it. I've been working in Holland for a year and there isn't a single Dutch, belgian, french, german person I know has one of these kits in their car. Most don't even have the warning triangle ffs. Buy a cheapo bulb kit from any garage or halfords and if stopped produce it if thay ask for it (which they wont). A warning triangle I would get just cos its a good thing to have. Did you know you are also meant to have a first aid kit in some countries and dayglo jackets for every occupant of the car??? Its all a load of BS as I said most inhabitants just ignore the rules. Traditionally Brits are the only ones in Europe that pay any attention to European laws :D

Dude I really wouldn't worry about it. I've been working in Holland for a year and there isn't a single Dutch, belgian, french, german person I know has one of these kits in their car. Most don't even have the warning triangle ffs. Buy a cheapo bulb kit from any garage or halfords and if stopped produce it if thay ask for it (which they wont). A warning triangle I would get just cos its a good thing to have. Did you know you are also meant to have a first aid kit in some countries and dayglo jackets for every occupant of the car??? Its all a load of BS as I said most inhabitants just ignore the rules. Traditionally Brits are the only ones in Europe that pay any attention to European laws :D

Heehee thanks for that ill take your advice. already own the first aid kit and jacket as i need to carry these in my works van. just the bulbs were a pain. I think ill just get the cheapest halford ones i can find and call it quits. thanks....

The customs guy at Dover told me that I should carry my vehicle registration doc when driving in France. Apparently if you can't prove the car is yours they can take it off you. No idea if it's true but something to bear in mind.

Everything else - Dangerous is spot on. I drove in France / Belgium / Holland for 2.5 years and didn't bother. They didn't even ask me when my car was searched in France once.