The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sensor in 1st De-catt

Glosphil

Hi, was looking at fitting my de-catts earlier, and in the 1st cat, the one at the engine, there is at the bottem end of it a plate with a black tube going into it, this then goes into a grommit under the car. Im guessing its a sensor, looks stock.

On my de-catt pipe there is no hole to put this on. What is it, and do I need it ?

Thanks

You can remove it. either tie it out the way or remove completely (Pull up drivers side carpet, pull out the gromet (making sure you replace it with a sealed one!), then remove back to the plug in the footwell.

Edit - waaaay to slow!

Cheers guys. Couldnt get the cats off in the end as the bolts are rust welded on. Will have to take them somewhere to get it done.

The ones connecting the 1st cat to the manifold can be a b*tch to get off. I'd highly recommend you take it to your local exhaust place and ask them to use heat to get the bolts off. It'll be far less likely to snap a stud when they're red hot.

It looks like someone has had a go before, the top of the stud is sheared off. unless they are supposed to be flush, but I dont think so.

Probs gonna need driling out or something

If you are decatting, and removing the sensor as in Homers post above, then you could just cut the wire.