The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all from ireland

Guest jc1300

Guest jc1300

hi all

iam currently driving a integra type r

and will be sold next week.

and i was looking something more powerful

was thinking of either a tt supra or a rx-7.

and after much reading up on both ive made my mind up on a supra tt.

the reasons being that rx-7 needs rebuilt of the engine

and also fails on the emmisions over here at mot

so.

i have concluded i want a supra tt

ive search all morning for info and found so good info

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=28847&d=1140112667

on this guide it says the jdm tt have 325 bhp

and not wot the book say only 260hp

is this true????

also

are the auto boxes really that good???

i couldnt find specs either such as 0-60

and top speed.

being in ireland means many have been thrashed and drifted to death

so i will be coming to mainland to buy.

also

which ones have lsd???

does the back end come out easy on the auto models???

the manual seems abit costly

so iam gonna go for the auto.

any one recently got one want to share there first impressions????

:welcome:yes the jdm has 326hp and the reason its been said they have less because of the japaneese rules they are not allowed to have more than that power in the market.

Auto is still very good and Im sure you ll find the auto supra bit different o other auto cars you ve seen and driven.

ask Jurgen as he has many nice supras from japan ready for sale.

. . . .

EDIT: as always Michael beat me to it ;)

Does it?

I thought the agreed statement was that it was closer to 326bhp than 280bhp but we'll never know the actual true factory figure.

there is always been an argument about this but even some japaneese themselves say the JDM ones originally came with 326! but due to the rules over there they are just not allowed to specify the engines with such powers?!

I might still be wrong but I have asked many people who think the same!

:hello: and :welcome: to the forum! There's a search button on the menu bar which is very useful, it'll point you in the right direction.

to be honest, when it comes to power many turbo Supra's have been boosted on the bhp side as they've passed through various owners hands, bearing in mind some of them are 10 or more years old.

The auto box is excellent, the manual is rare but both are good.

As for tail out action....:eyebrows: whether your manual or auto, NA or turbo all that rwhp will get your wheels spinning and your bum fishtailing without much provocation, particularly in the wet :p Take it easy at first till you get used to the way it handles.

Enjoy your searching, lots of help and info from this lot, just shout ;)

Linda

xx

Whatever version you go for, you'll get yourself many hours of fun and miles of smiles, as long as your not fussy about fuel consumption :lol:

Guest jc1300

as long as your not fussy about fuel consumption :lol:

yes linda i have sorta accounted for this lol

but it will mostley be a weekend car as ive got a second car as a run about.

i have search most of last nite!!!!!

and it seems most supra that have sold in the past have been modded in some way.

there loads of useful info on here.

altho a got a couple more questions

my mate who has a 200 s14 who got it last summer

and used it every day and thro alor of money into it

and in the winter and rain he says it sooooo much hard work.

he had to drive to dublin for work one week and he says he couldnt relax the whole way down there as it was ssooo tail happy!!!!!.

wud the supra sorta be the same

of wud you have to be really giving it the beans for it to some out??:search:

one thing aswell i couldnt find info on was

the autoboxs gear ratio's??

ive never owned a auto and was wondering becasue it is 4 speed wud you ben in high revs at like 80mph??

i look a 97 tt rz round the ring on gt4 and seems to handle well but thats only a game

any more help wud be handy:D

i also like the weee faces here:) :D :p ;) :( :tongue: :rolleyes: :search: :innocent: :cool: :eyebrows: :sly: :blink:

The bonnet scoop was standard fitment to the UK models but some people have retro-fitted them to their imported cars. The UK cars also had headlight washers (known affecionately on here as headlight 'dildos'!) so you should be able to spot which is which fairly easily.

I certainly wouldn't have been that much on edge driving in the wet on decent roads with decent tyres. You should get just over 30mph per 1000rpm in top gear in an auto. (Perhaps someone will come along in a minute with accurate numbers on that) So you shouldn't be hovering too close to that point where the second turbo is about to come on line at the slightest touch of the loud pedal if you're cruising at 80mph.

The first (and one of the best) mods you should do is to fit Race Logic traction Control if you're worried about losing the back end. Do a search on RLTC for more info.

My other half is about to put her Supra up for sale, black '93 RZ TT auto with 76k (i think) miles on it. I can supply full details if you want to know about it.

Good luck with your search!

:thumbs:

Guest jc1300

[quoteMy other half is about to put her Supra up for sale, black '93 RZ TT auto with 76k (i think) miles on it. I can supply full details if you want to know about it

:thumbs:

sounds nice

any mods on it and maby pm me a price ??

any pics aswell

is the rz a jdm model.

i take it a service history wud be essentail for these cars.

abit of a big step coming from n/a cars also manual

but auto tt is the cheapest and more value.

gonna be about 6 weeks before i get round to buying one

Welcome to the club.

The back end isn't that tail happy in the wet so long as you don't drive with a digital right foot :)

The car feels very solid no matter how much water is on the ground, you just need to respect it. I got my TT 6 months ago now and have loved every second.

I also went from an NA car to my Supra TT (a 1.4 Corsa actually....:innocent:) and it was actually quite daunting when I first drove it. You soon get used to the extra speed and power so long as you take it reasonably easy to start with.

As for the auto, I think I'm doing just short of 3000rpm at a speedo indicated 80. It's also highly predictable I find. It's the only auto I've driven significantly, so I can't compare it to others, but I have heard people moan about autos being slow, unresponsive and not changing up/kicking down when you want it to. The Supra auto box does what you want it to, when you want it to. A lot of my mates are surprised to learn that when giving it beans, the auto box will take it to the redline before shifting up. At Santa Pod, that meant I was only in third gear at the finish line (speedo indicated 110), and hadn't been for very long.

Good luck with the search, and you can't go too far wrong in buying a car from a member on here :)

sounds nice

any mods on it and maby pm me a price ??

any pics aswell

is the rz a jdm model.

i take it a service history wud be essentail for these cars.

abit of a big step coming from n/a cars also manual

but auto tt is the cheapest and more value.

gonna be about 6 weeks before i get round to buying one

I'll get some pics together tonight and send you some links.

Where in Co. Down are you? I'm from there myself originally. (Ards)