The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a to tt, need your help

debonaire9989

hello all,im just after a lot of help rom u!! im looking to do a n/a tt conversion on my car. at the moment im running the standard jza80 on my 93 import, and im getting a 2jz engine to put into the car. i know il have to do a gear box upgrade to a tt box, but i need advice on what else il need 2 do the job properly, and if any of u have the parts for sale il gladly take them of ur hands, gearbox included, thanx for ur help:)

dave

No chap, not taking the mick..

I've done this conversion, but I used a VVTi engine and then went single, and I had to do a fair bit extra due to the ECU/dash/looms issues. However if you fancy doing it and have the resources it is a nice way of doing it. (Not the cheapest but definitely a way forward)

wel as u can see im not quite sure what to do, im talking to a guy about buying his tt engine off him for £1200, and as i say im not sure what else will be needed to do the converson, but if i was to go single t how much would i b able to get before i have 2 change the gear box??

wel as u can see im not quite sure what to do, im talking to a guy about buying his tt engine off him for £1200, and as i say im not sure what else will be needed to do the converson, but if i was to go single t how much would i b able to get before i have 2 change the gear box??

Sounds very cheap for a TT engine mate. Make sure you get the mileage of it and that it's been serviced or you could be buying a load of trouble.

Envy states about 5.5 k for a full single conversion everything done. Worth thinking about..

£2k for the complete conversion kit from me, including engine with all ancilliaries, TT autobox, all looms and pipework with intercooler, prop, diff, and anything else you need. We have a very well known Supra technical guy using our workshop on monday, as we've donated an NA - TT conversion to document the conversion process, as some information about autoboxes locking up needs to be put to bed. I'll be posting a full write up with pictures once its completed. ;)

£2k for the complete conversion kit from me, including engine with all ancilliaries, TT autobox, all looms and pipework with intercooler, prop, diff, and anything else you need. We have a very well known Supra technical guy using our workshop on monday, as we've donated an NA - TT conversion to document the conversion process, as some information about autoboxes locking up needs to be put to bed. I'll be posting a full write up with pictures once its completed. ;)

Hmmmm , maybe a better option then the N/A-T conversion ,

What kind of mileage will be on the engines jez and can you say the engines will be in good condition internally .

Hmmmm , maybe a better option then the N/A-T conversion ,

What kind of mileage will be on the engines jez and can you say the engines will be in good condition internally .

Yep, we only use sub 80k engines for the conversions, and they are fully tested for smoke, knocks and rattles etc before removal from the donor. :)

haha, i mite become quite good mates with him soon aswel!! the guy im speaking to bout the engine has it at 60k now with the recent service, he seems a honest guy and welcomes a view by a mechanic. but i jst gota double check with the loom etc.. c what else i need to get, thanx for the help guys!! helpful when ur a noob on here!!!

dave:)

haha, i mite become quite good mates with him soon aswel!! the guy im speaking to bout the engine has it at 60k now with the recent service, he seems a honest guy and welcomes a view by a mechanic. but i jst gota double check with the loom etc.. c what else i need to get, thanx for the help guys!! helpful when ur a noob on here!!!

dave:)

Do you know where the engine has come from?

I was just reading this thread which got me thinking.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=111207