The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rumour about Top Secret Japan Bankruptcy

Nic

EDIT BY ADMIN (JB) : not sure if this is accurate until its confirmed. Dont assume they have gone to the wall just yet.

I have been told today that Top Secret Japan has filed for bankruptcy. Came as a bit of a shock, as I have some outstanding orders with them that have been cancelled.

For all those members who ordered theTS Bonnet Dampers I will organise a full refund for you. See Bonnet Damper thread for more details.

I just got a text message last night from a Japanese distributor - couldn't believe it!

They will probably go on though I'm sure.

Gaz.

Yeah came as a complete suprise to me too, normally you hear rumours of these things beforehand.

I think you're right they'll carry on, probably get bought by one of the bigger Japanese tuners I'd guess.

I hope so, other wise Cable might hang himself (he loves Top Secret and Mr Nagata) :)

Yeah came as a complete suprise to me too, normally you hear rumours of these things beforehand.

I think you're right they'll carry on, probably get bought by one of the bigger Japanese tuners I'd guess.

Gaz/Nic,

Could this be a misunderstanding?

Been chatting to Dave (Bean) on Email and he says that Shibuki-san mentioned that they can't get the Bonnet Dampers anymore because their supplier went bust....

Been chatting to Dave (Bean) on Email and he says that Shibuki-san mentioned that they can't get the Bonnet Dampers anymore because their supplier went bust....

I hope so Nick - might be something to do with it - my supplier in Osaka who supplies TS to me also had these on order for 3 of my customers.

Gaz.

I hope so Nick - might be something to do with it - my supplier in Osaka who supplies TS to me also had these on order for 3 of my customers.

Gaz.

I hope so too, perhaps something was 'lost in translation', although I had some other TS products (as well as the bonnet dampers) on order that I am not able to get either now.

I'll try to find out more info.

Maybe it was the cost of building that V12 Supra that pushed them over the edge :rolleyes:

Hey, I was going to say that!

To be brutally honest, I never liked their styling much anyway. Gotta respect the engineering, but the the cars were ugly.

Just spoken to one of my suppliers to get more information, they are friends with TS and have said that TS are in healthy condition, so I think that it may be a problem with translation.

Nick may be right that it is one of the TS suppliers that is the problem, not TS themselves. Hopefully this is the case.