The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many miles is too much?

Damz

hmmm that has kinda ruined my supra plans for this year, all the gd insurance companies wont accept import cars, and those that do accept them charge you rediculous ammounts of money.

Do a search on insurance bud. There are companies that have no probs with imports. Get a quote from Sky then play them against another and Sky matches the lower quote..:)

insurance companies that don't insure import cars are plain stupid anyhow... their justifications are very weak and are not worth bothering with.

Plenty of insurnce companies gladly accept import cars.... just do a bit of shopping around.

UK TTs are a bit cheaper to insure by the way.

I agree that the better examples will be found on this forum... you can check the car's history through searching user's posts etc.

Milage is really not an issue if the history of the car is good. As most Supras are coming to a certain age, the milage whether high or low is not too much of a problem. Just check for rust etc. Some cars have not been undersealed, and can have rust damage underneath.

But on the whole the Supra is a strongly built car and they can take very high milage.

So don't be put off by the mysterious figure of 100k .... never understood why this figure starts alarm bells going. If something big was going to break it would have done earlier, and generaly by this milage any problems have been replaced with brand new parts.

hey- my supra has covered 175000 miles and it is as solid as it was when new. Turbos boost nicely to 0.9bar- engine smooth as silk- I will never sell my car as I intend to see what it can get up to. One thing I do is change the oil every 3000 miles and other fluids when due.

Don't be put off by miles- condition and service history is what matters

hey- my supra has covered 175000 miles and it is as solid as it was when new. Turbos boost nicely to 0.9bar- engine smooth as silk- I will never sell my car as I intend to see what it can get up to. One thing I do is change the oil every 3000 miles and other fluids when due.

Don't be put off by miles- condition and service history is what matters

Here's something to aim for: (Not mine) High miles are ok as long as the price is good.

suproajpg.jpg

They can go on for over 300k so I wouldn't worry about the exact figure. I'd be more interested in the frequency of servicing. Missing or non existent history is a bit of a minefield. Especially in the UK as we are disciplined to record our SH. Like others have said shop about a bit for insurance A plan thatcham office are also very good on imports. Don't get despondent our very own WSB2 first joined our fold as a 20 year old N/A man and now he has an Abflug TT and is a moderator :(

I'd go off condition every time. All the other considerations are bollocks really. If there is no service history then the genuine milage is anyones guess.

How long till you are 21?

H.

well i'l be 20 in a month or so.... so quite a long time till im 21