The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTD pics of single turbo FMIC pipework

RobSheffield

I don't know :D, I'm leaving it for Michel/Storm to sort out. When you say 'under the chassis rail' does this mean straight forward from the compressor to the FMIC (i.e. not into the wing)?, I do know mine isn't going through the wing, it coming straight forward,

When you say 'under the chassis rail' does this mean straight forward from the compressor to the FMIC (i.e. not into the wing)?

Yeah thats the one mate.

Not many do it that way, but im going to...

Make up my own pipes

make up some pipes from plastic rainwater pipes/drinking straws so i can get to a fabricators

OK, that sounds like the way mine is going too so I'll get some good pics, anything in particular you want shots of, or pretty much everything from the turbo to the FMIC

Pretty much everything mate :D

Im going to swap my FMIC at some point, so its all going to be confusing!

Do you have a single with the FMIC pipes running under the chassis rail and NOT through the wing?

Please post up piccies :D

Rob I took some pics of mine during the install, as I had some fitment problems with the pipe fouling some of the PAS parts on the steering rack. It is a PHR IC pipe connected to an HKS Type R FMIC.

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

DSC00076.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

What about the GReddy 3row, single piping...does that go through the wing? Isnt the HKS Type R massive and increase lag considerably Nic?

The GReddy goes through the wing I think from memory.

I use to run the Type R on stock turbos, no increase in lag. One of the best FMIC's available IMO.

Rob

i did all my own IC piping and scratched my head for about a week (whilst doing other things) and came to the conclusion that the only way to do it without sharp bends was through the body (where the stock air box is) i had no pics to work from i just came to this conclusion myself, if you look where the turbo sits on the engine and then where your IC sits there is no way you can "sweep" the pipe in going through the engine/chassis, i did mine in 2.5" piping but me mate jonny5 managed to do it the same with 3", i'me not saying you cant do it through the engine/chassis but you will defo have to use sharper bends

car 018.jpg

front 043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

pm b'have or rob wild.

They both have powerhouse racing kits and that includes the more direct intercooler piping that does not go out through the wing.

Rob - if you see this thread, I have the top mounts cleaned and ready...