The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guys double check your wheel studs when you change them

Daston

As above

Finished the other side of my car last night put the new wheel on and went for a quick drive to fill up and make sure its all ok (no rubbing banging etc). All was fine, got in the car today to drive to work and halfway there a god awful vibration started along with a whuf whuf whuf sound. So pulled over pretty sharpish and noticed my wheel had come away from the hub on 3 nuts by about 1-2mm :blink: Lukily I dont live to far from work (was going to show the guys my new bling wheels) and managed to crawl into the carpark thats right next to a wheel/tyre place so will get it put on straight there.

I think this was caused by the studs not being pulled through their holes complety so when they did settle in it moved the wheel with them, just glad I wasnt doing 80 down the motorway.