The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello! :-)

Guest madfish

Guest madfish

Well I dont have a supra at the moment, but I have joined as I am thinking of getting one. I drive a '99 BMW 528 at the moment and have been toying with the idea of going back to japanese (previous cars include Celica GT, Celica GT4 and 2 Honda CRX's).

I've only got about £9000 to spend so it will probably take a while to find a decent one but will keep looking...

Loads of information on this site by the looks of it, going to spend a great deal of time reading through and genning up before asking any stupid newbie questions :D

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark! :wave:

:welcome: to the club! There are some very good guides to the supra on the home page, as for asking questions, ask away ;) You might want to try the Search facility if you have something specific and its covered by a thread or two already.

With that budget you should get a well spec'd and looked after TT, have a look at the for sale section too, some nice supe's to drool over!

Happy hunting :thumbs:

Linda

x

Hi & welcome :D

Have a look in the for sale section, there are plenty of nice cars. I bought my car from a member on here 18 months ago & it's been pretty much trouble free apart from genaral wear & tear bits.

Good luck! :)

Liar!! :D

Welcome to the club Madfish!! 9K should get you a tidy Supra. Buying form a member is generally a good idea as they tend to take a pride in them and look after them well mechanically too!

Happy hunting!

H.

Guest madfish

Is the manual as strong as the automatic? I only ask as I have also been looking at the 300zx's and they need to have an auto for the strength (don't worry, decided against the 300zx :-))

Thanks,

Mark

Welcome matey :)

Is the manual as strong as the automatic? I only ask as I have also been looking at the 300zx's and they need to have an auto for the strength (don't worry, decided against the 300zx :-))

Thanks,

Mark

Its the opposite, the manual is near indestructible, the auto good for around 450bhp. Some US drag cars put well over 1000bhp through the stock drive train.

Welcome to the club Mark,

£9000 should get you a lovely car!

Theres several for sale on here at the moment (not sure if you have to be paid up member to access that part of the forum)

Re - Auto boxes do seem to be very strong, you dont often hear about the manual boxes giving up either though but I imagine a high powered manual will eat clutches like mad (mines an auto so I wouldn't know)

:welcome: hope you find wat your looking for.with £9k should have no problem.pm geneb he has a nice tt on the market.he got it from cj a trader on here,dont think you can go far wrong off a member goy mine off one & never looked back good luck mate.:)