The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gear Knob Help

chilly

Help, I've bought 2 gear knobs in the last month neither of which fit, both TRD. Total cost of both has been about £100.

I've sold one and Iam in the process of collecting refund from ebay.

I still need a replacement for my stock one.

So, my question: Does anyone know who sells a good gear knob, either Aluminium or leather with gear numbers embossed on the top to fit an n/a gear stick??

Cheers

ok you may need to put something inside the gearknob to act as an spacer, just to lift the gearknob abit higher than standard, I went for the ball leather type and its abit small as you can see the white plastic bit (lift reverse sleeve)

Mas

Thats a beautiful colour Supe you got there. Is that stock colour or respray?

Thanks mate, It was resprayed in Japan before I imported the car, I really like the colour just don't know the colour code :(

as I have a few stone chips and dont know how to get rid of them when there is no colour to match it, found a close enought paint from halfords but its only similar when its not under the sunlight, as the actual paint has shades of purple in it under the sun!

Mate

Can a good body shop not match it up. I may be wrong but don't they have a method of using some bit of technology to work out exactly the colour and then they can mix colours to match.

Maybe it was on James Bond, i dont know its worth checkin though as it really is nice.

Thanks mate, It was resprayed in Japan before I imported the car, I really like the colour just don't know the colour code :(

as I have a few stone chips and dont know how to get rid of them when there is no colour to match it, found a close enought paint from halfords but its only similar when its not under the sunlight, as the actual paint has shades of purple in it under the sun!

Mate

Can a good body shop not match it up. I may be wrong but don't they have a method of using some bit of technology to work out exactly the colour and then they can mix colours to match.

Maybe it was on James Bond, i dont know its worth checkin though as it really is nice.

Thats how I could get the closest colour to mine from halfords, it looks very similar but doesnt have the purple shades under sunlight ! so its kind of blue all time and not the way the actual colour is, but as you said Im hopping someone will get the right colour match for it as otherwise I wont go for any respray for a few years :D