The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speedo Slightly Out! Help.

Guest merlinuk

Guest merlinuk

Hi Guys, bin down the M6 today in my new Supra to have the exhaust fitted, but noticed my speedo must be out by around 8mph to high! loads of speed cameras in Walsall n I hadn't got a clue! had to guess the speed.

It was de-restricted and a 180mph clock fitted before I picked it up. J-spec '94 N/A

Is there an easy fix??

Guest merlinuk

Got 18's fitted with 40 profile tyres.

Read on here after searching that some guys take the needle off get the Mrs to follow you at 50 mph then stick the needle back on @ 50 !!

Can this be done?

Got 18's fitted with 40 profile tyres.

Read on here after searching that some guys take the needle off get the Mrs to follow you at 50 mph then stick the needle back on @ 50 !!

Can this be done?

It would be fairly pointless. You are simply swapping your car's inaccuracy for her cars inaccuracy. You will never ever get a speedo that is 100% accurate for all speeds.

It would be fairly pointless. You are simply swapping your car's inaccuracy for her cars inaccuracy. You will never ever get a speedo that is 100% accurate for all speeds.

Unless you get a Thor SLD ;) They are adjustable so you can make your speedo as accurate as you like (mines spot on at all speeds now).

It's amazing how much slower the car seems when you first correct it :D That is, so long as you look at the speedo!

Guest merlinuk
You can adjust it, I did by moving the pin. Got it down to 3-4mph out at 80. Spot on below that.

Which pin and how did you move it?

Unless you get a Thor SLD ;) They are adjustable so you can make your speedo as accurate as you like (mines spot on at all speeds now).

It's amazing how much slower the car seems when you first correct it :D That is, so long as you look at the speedo!

Hmm - They had a point when they made the James Bond "Never say Never again" movie didn't they? ;)