The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS silent hi-power

TLicense

Had one of these fitted today.

I take it the "silent" bit is sarcasm? This thing is LOUD! :blink:

Whilst enjoyable in the short term, I can see myself quickly becoming tired of this.

What's out there, that is a little more discreet? Also I'm not too keen on the pointy out sidewarys exhaust. I'm going to get some piss-taking when I roll up to work with this I tell ya!

I've been telling myself all day "it's probably not that loud, but is compared to the '87 VW Polo that I've been driving for the last 6 months".

Then when I got in, my girlfriend pipes up with "I hope that wasn't your car outside".

I'll give this one a go for a few weeks gav, but if it's a none runner, then I may have to sell this one on (loud, oh no it's not loud, unless that's what you want, in which case yes it's perfect for you!), and look at the RX.

pics and vid with sounds plez!

I would do, but I've already had unpleasant looks from the neighbours. Hehe, all but one or two have moved in whilst I've been doing the project so thought the racing Polo was my only car. (The Supra's been off-site)

It's probably quiet on a stock TT, but not on a single (or twin ;) ).

My RSR was loud on the TT, but was far, far louder after the single conversion.

That still wasn't loud enough for numbskull here so bought a BL.

Now its too loud :(

I find my SHP is fine at idle (once the engine's warmed up), but at anything more than 850rpm very rapidly becomes the neighbours' worst nightmare! :D

That said, it's definitely not as loud as some of the other members' exhausts I've heard.

I just fitted a Tanabe to Rush's car, ultra quiet, excellent fit, nice build quality, very unrestrictive, just as much so as the RSR et cetera, they use big boxes to get the silencing. Quite which model it was i don't remeber, MVP sells them. Listed as below 98 Db I think. My Skline is getting one, if they list an R33.

What's out there, that is a little more discreet? Also I'm not too keen on the pointy out sidewarys exhaust.

My car came over from Japan with a Tanabe Hyper Medallion. Unfortunately it was rotten as a carrot and was replaced with a HKS Silent Hi-Power.

I have to agree that the Tanabe was much more sedate and also exited straight from the rear bumper so would seem to fit what you're after quite nicely.