The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats a gd price for a n/a auto?

Damz

There is a 1993 supra n/a automatic for sale nearby for £3000, it has 77,000 miles.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?nU=0&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=500&max_pr=75000&postcode=g46%206el&miles=40&max_records=200&modelexact=1&photo=1&hassearched=Y&start=1&distance=7&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200718283234694

its been for sale for quite some time and varies between £3k-3.5k

what do you all think?

also what are gd websites to get quotes, the only one i can find is budget

paintwork looks a bit tired and there's the front lip missing (as well as the rear arch trims?).

wheels don't look too hot either imo.

price would reflect the condition i would say but if i were you i'd be looking to pay closer to £4k and get a decent example.

ps

that's not to say you can't find a decent example for £3k, it's just not likely.

This is exactly what got me into this forum. Got a promise of an N/A for 3k, bloke found out how much it was really worth, backed out big style, ended up with TT. Chuffed doesn't do the feeling credit. But the "slippery slope" has appeared..:)

i know someone who spent just over 7k for an average n/a auto! (the fooool) a few months back. so the price of this doesnt seem that expensive lol.

"I've seen NA auto's knocking around for the grand marker and I'll be square here they've looked better than that one."

I think a grand is a little cheap! think the 2.5k mark is more reasonable.

i know someone who spent just over 7k for an average n/a auto! (the fooool) a few months back. so the price of this doesnt seem that expensive lol.

"I've seen NA auto's knocking around for the grand marker and I'll be square here they've looked better than that one."

OK OK keep your hair on ladies. I cocked up and missed out a 2 allright I meant to include a 2 before the grand. I have seen auto's around for about two grand and that was about a year ago when i was last looking at them. Don't wanna shatter your baloons fellas but I couldn't give away my last NA auto for £2.5k and externally it looked better than that one.

Its hard to take but face it a 14 year old car that looks as ropy as a climbers back pack is never gonna take much money especially with a toyota badge on it. NA's are not the only cars taking price hits like this. Look around you'll find bags of old nails like this NA in TT format for around £4k.

I'm not being turbo-ist just realist

OK well I won't call the man a fool just misinformed. Again I will refer to previous sales. I sold my 93 NA aerotop over 3 years ago with UK spec brakes, leather interior, and nitrous for circa £7.5k and was gratefull for that money at that time. I won't piss massively on his parade by saying for just over £4k you can get a facelift NA auto with low miles if you look in the right places.

Problem is you have to look nationally and be prepared to travel to get a decent car. You've probably not seen many in your area which basically means your available car pool to buy from locally is tiny. I will absolutely guarantee you that if you buy a duffer just because its close to you, you will regret it. Club owned vehicles that are well known would be a good place to start looking, or a reputable trader from here. Usually peoples prices on the forum are realistic (if they aren't they are soon told as much). Take a look nationally at autotrader listing prices and at piston heads SOLD prices that will tell you what the market is doing.

hmmm travelling would be anoying for me, after going so far to look at the car i'd end up buying it just so the trip isnt a waste.

i know that there tt's at around £4000ish but i would never get insured on one of those, also i like automatics rather than manuals so an auto n/a is what im aiming for.

i know that there tt's at around £4000ish but i would never get insured on one of those, also i like automatics rather than manuals so an auto n/a is what im aiming for.

Dont be too hasty. They have been known to be cheaper to insure than the N/A's