The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars in the Park event

AJI

This event usually attracts a lot of supercars and is nicely situated near Preston.

Have they moved Bolton Abbey then?

I was planning to go over to this, it's a nice location, price is pretty much the normal cost to park there and there are some great drives around there.

It could be a nice mini-meet for some of us NW area and NE area Supras.

I went along to this event last year and there was a line up of TVRs, Lambos and Ferrari... along with Lotuses and all sorts really.

It is an event advertised through PistonHeads but anyone can attend. Last year it was a calm friendly atmosphere situated in a cracking little picturesque (sp?) picnic type area.

shyte - good old british weather !

If its pishing it down then I won't be going. But I'm guessing there will still be plenty other cars turning up.

I went along last year when it was raining and there were still loads of nice cars.

this this weekend? its going to be murder near preston with the radio 1 thing this weekend. i assume u just pay on the gate for this? still undecided if i should come.

Its no where near Preston its up Past Skipton on the A59 :rolleyes:

Might be an Idea to meet at the Tickle Trout and head over on the A59 from there ?? anyone ?

Cheers

Ian

The A59 route in is a good one. I could also meet up with you guys.

11am would be a better entry time IMO, but don't want to alter any plans already made if you guys want to get there earlier.

Anybody know any convenient lay-bys or parking areas to meet up at on the A59 ?

The A59 route in is a good one. I could also meet up with you guys.

11am would be a better entry time IMO, but don't want to alter any plans already made if you guys want to get there earlier.

Anybody know any convenient lay-bys or parking areas to meet up at on the A59 ?

Hi Aron there hasnt been any responce to the meeting up and a convoy over there :( so no plans at the moment .......... will you be going down the A65 past Kirby Longsdale and Settle and joing the A59 near Skipton ? your almost at Bolton Abbey when you do, i must admit i dont know of any lay-bys/meeting places on the way there are plenty but i dont know the road well enough to pick a meeting spot out :search:

Revised meeting time say 09:30 set off at 09:45am at the Ticked Trout ?? anyone ???

Cheers

Ian

Shytot - I'll be coming down the M6 to J31 and then along the A59.

I'm not a fan of the A65 to be honest.... too many speed limits and slow traffic with not many overtaking opportunities.

I should be at J31 by 10am. Then I think it should take the best part of an hour to get to Bolton Abbey?